Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Keysy

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
ECB have just announced that Rob 'Keysy' Key has been appointed as the new director of cricket. Good luck Rob. His first job will to be to continue the 'red ball reset' which begun under Paul Collingwood in an encouraging 1-0 defeat in the West Indies.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
ECB have just announced that Rob 'Keysy' Key has been appointed as the new director of cricket. Good luck Rob. His first job will to be to continue the 'red ball reset' which begun under Paul Collingwood in an encouraging 1-0 defeat in the West Indies.

I think he’ll do well…… at least I hope so.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I think he’ll do well…… at least I hope so.

Talks a good game on Sky and willing to challenge the status quo and think outside the box. The red ball reset must be the priority, build on the work of Paul Collingwood in the West Indies.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I like this appointment.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
He won't make any difference.

Were loose.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Pity all the genuine contenders are better off commentating on Sky or writing for newspapers.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I hope that Keysy can help bring the best out of Rooty, Stokesy and Ali-y

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
They can’t really address improving red ball cricket until next Summers fixtures come out surely?

Scrapping The Hundred would be a good start.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Needs to LOCK in some of the senior players to central contracts.

Also make sure the fitness levels are improved. Don't want anyone too CHUBBy in the team :jester:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Will there be a role for Andy Gray as well do you think?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Will there be a role for Andy Gray as well do you think?

If he does 'red ball reset' then yes. It's all the ECB have to conquer.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Rob Key has made his first key decision in England's brave new 'red ball reset' by advertising for 2 seperate coaches for the test and limited overs sides. Looks like Paul Collingwood is a shoe in for the limited overs role but plenty of uncertainty over th test post and deadlines for applications, interviews, presentations and 2nd interviews mean we may not have a permanent coach in place before we kick off the red ball reset against New Zealand in early June.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
They can’t really address improving red ball cricket until next Summers fixtures come out surely?

Scrapping The Hundred would be a good start.

Never going to happen.

White ball cricket is what the punters want to pay to watch. It is what the sponsors want to put their money into.

Many players have retired from red ball cricket to play white ball franchise cricket around the world. It's where the money is.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Never going to happen.

White ball cricket is what the punters want to pay to watch. It is what the sponsors want to put their money into.

Many players have retired from red ball cricket to play white ball franchise cricket around the world. It's where the money is.

Sad but true, l have my doubts that red ball cricket will ever be the same again, whatever us old fogies would wish.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Second big decision in the red ball reset, Ben Stokes appointed as permanent test captain.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Second big decision in the red ball reset, Ben Stokes appointed as permanent test captain.

Based on the presumption that the Captain has to be a permanent fixture in the side, there wasn't actually much other choice was there :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here