Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is it harder to get proper "goal limbs" celebrations in safe standing ??

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
What do we think?

Safe standing seems great as you can stand (obviously) but what are the chances of it ruining the crazy goal limb celebrations with bodies flying everywhere in jubilation?

While standing in seated areas you usually see people flying over seats in the serious goal celebrations but of course with safe standing theres a rail in the way.

Hope it wont ruin the crazy scenes on goals. Only real solution is to bring back "proper" terraces

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
What do we think?

Safe standing seems great as you can stand (obviously) but what are the chances of it ruining the crazy goal limb celebrations with bodies flying everywhere in jubilation?

While standing in seated areas you usually see people flying over seats in the serious goal celebrations but of course with safe standing theres a rail in the way.

Hope it wont ruin the crazy scenes on goals. Only real solution is to bring back "proper" terraces

Not going to happen. The authorities are not trying to solve the same problem that is on your mind. They are trying to find a compromise that will allow standing but in safety. Probably best to just take what’s on offer.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Tbh I have taken some batterings over the course of this season with last minute goals. I went flying down the stairs at saints and ended up on the floor at West Ham. I much prefer the rail. Makes watching over the 90 a lot nicer too.

The feeling of a last minute winner is all that matters. Not that I and several others ended up 10 seats away from where I started looking around for phones wallets and glasses.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Tbh I have taken some batterings over the course of this season with last minute goals. I went flying down the stairs at saints and ended up on the floor at West Ham. I much prefer the rail. Makes watching over the 90 a lot nicer too.

The feeling of a last minute winner is all that matters. Not that I and several others ended up 10 seats away from where I started looking around for phones wallets and glasses.

Haha. Good to hear

Im assuming the mele is now more side to side in rail standing rather than over seats as before!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here