Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The better performance: Arsenal or Spurs

Arsenal or Spurs?

• Total voters

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Two of the best days of the season. Which performance was better?

I was only present for the Spurs game but considering they didn’t have a sniff, it was the most complete performance I’ve seen in a long time.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Spurs just.

I think they are a better side than Arsenal and were on a great run coming into the game. Arsenal had been softened up for us by the thugs of Selhurst.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Today's performance without a doubt. Arsenal game we rode our luck a bit, and they had some big chances including hitting the bar twice in the space of 5 seconds. Today Spurs never looked like scoring and we dominated the midfield throughout.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Spurs, it was a controlled masterclass start to finish. Albion were the reason they were poor. Conte pretty much saying the same.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
We did well against Arsenal but it wasn't in doubt for me today, even at 0-0 with 10 mins left you could tell it was coming and they were spent. Potter masterclass against a top manager today, the guy knows.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Spurs. Absolutely stifled them. Potter materclass, brilliantly implemented by the lads.

Would have still said Spurs if we hadn't nicked it too.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Spurs as they actually have a few world class players that are capable of giving us a belting.

Don't believe Arsenal have players we actually feel are that far superior to what we have.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I only saw the highlights from the Arsenal match, so I can't fully compare. I'm still voting Spurs though. We barely even gave them a sniff.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Today's performance without a doubt. Arsenal game we rode our luck a bit, and they had some big chances including hitting the bar twice in the space of 5 seconds. Today Spurs never looked like scoring and we dominated the midfield throughout.

Arsenal didn't hit the bar twice in 5 seconds, it was an outstanding save by Sanchez first then the follow up was smashed against the bar.

To answer the original question today's performance was simply outstanding, we barely let Spurs have a sniff.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I watched the Arsenal game in full post match and it was terrific, albeit with a bit of 'backs against the wall' stuff. I watched the Spurs game in the pub with a handful of other fans. For most of the game 'we're just too good for you' was rattling around in my head. I really dislike Spurs and have for decades. This win was brilliant against a bunch of fouling, cheating wannabe's who went down the 'try and get one of theirs sent off' route, because they just weren't good enough. Lovely to see that whiney cheat Kane moaning at the ref at the end. Moaning about losing despite not managing to muster a single shot on target against a #Team like Brighton. Must have been beyond his comprehension.:D

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Voted arsenal.
For the beauty factor.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Said that we were good but the Arse weren't all that last week. Seems like we improved and snuffed out the Spuds World Class forward line.

Looking forward to old Jug Ears explaining it all on MOTD, just an off day no doubt... :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Arsenal didn't hit the bar twice in 5 seconds, it was an outstanding save by Sanchez first then the follow up was smashed against the bar.

To answer the original question today's performance was simply outstanding, we barely let Spurs have a sniff.

And nor can you hold those moments up as ones we got away with - they scored in that same spell of pressure anyway. Ie they couldn’t have scored one of those AND the actual goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here