Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Wallets, do you carry one?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Do you just stuff your cash in your back pocket, coins in the front? Do you use a money clip? Do you even carry cash anymore? Is everything loaded onto your phone?

Or are you slightly more traditional and carry a wallet? Is it fabric, is it leather? Was it cheap, or an expensive gift?

I’ll start with hardly ever carrying cash, have all my cards on my phone, occasionally use my Apple wallet, but still insist on carrying a real one.

And photos too if poss, grubby or pristine. Like shoes, you can tell a lot about a man by his wallet, or so my wife tells me!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Very much the same - largely stopped carrying it now. Credit cards in with my phone, sometimes put a bit of cash in my pocket depending on where I’m going but most of the time I don’t bother any more.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patreon
Mar 1, 2021
Don't carry wallet anymore. Use my phone case to carry cards and bit of folding money. Hardly have any coins now.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I used to but I lost it before Christmas. I'm a bit miffed that the Albion shop has stopped selling those fabric wallets - I've had three over the years.

I have a lot of cards that are loosely stacked in pockets and I need to buy a nice wallet - but it's quite hard to find non-leather ones. There are a few online but I want to see one before I buy it.

If anyone knows a shopping selling decent non-leather wallets at a reasonable price, let me know (Vegetarian Shoes has some at 40 quid, which is taking the piss)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Always hated carrying a bulky wallet and for past few years just carry a slim card holder for credit and debit cards plus driving license & other essentials. Hardly ever have cash but if I do have 20 or 30 on me I fold it and slide it into the card holder.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Use a grip 6 with a leather sleeve..for a cc db and dl….with a couple of bank notes down the side….don’t carry coins they go in a jar at home to buy me a litre of diesel at the end of the year

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yes, though this thread now has me doubting why. I use my phone for pretty much every payment, seldom carry cash, suppose I need my drivers license with me, that’s about it though :shrug:

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'm a wallet man (Louis Vuitton Damier Graphite don't cha know :hilton:) as I've got a fair few cards for this and that - which could easily be put onto Apple Pay but I like to have both in case I lose my phone!

If I'm just popping out to walk the dog and get a coffee or I'm going local I just take a couple of cards and a few notes out of the wallet, shove them in my pocket, then leave the wallet at home.

For those who do the same, don't put your cards in the same jeans pocket as your phone. It seems to wipe the contactless out... :shrug:

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
My best ever was a fake Mulberry from Thailand, really soft leather but lasted about fifteen years! Current ones below, the everyday one by Blaq (it’s brown) and the going out one, a gift from her indoors.

Attachments

• 0D22399E-EFB9-4F73-A7D9-62B4CE7CA518.jpeg
    0D22399E-EFB9-4F73-A7D9-62B4CE7CA518.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 178

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I uploaded all credit / loyalty cards onto my phone after Christmas, don't know why I waited so long as my wallet was bursting!
Although tapping the phone doesn't always work so now have the credit cards back in wallet..

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I use a ridge wallet (copy) which takes up very little pocket space and blocks RFID on the cards.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Always. I now carry a minimalist one, credit card sized with DL, 4 cards and £50 or so in folding.
I couldn't imagine going out without enough cash to get me home.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here