[Cricket] Derbyshire v Sussex - LV= Insurance County Championship Div 2

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Derbyshire won the toss and elected to bat

Debuts for Pujara and Rizwan.

AGH Orr, TJ Haines*, TP Alsop, CA Pujara, Mohammad Rizwan†, TGR Clark, OJ Carter, JM Coles, ST Finn, HT Crocombe, JA Atkins

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Pitch looks pristine.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Camera angles are good.

If Championship cricket was shown live like this on a permanent basis I'd happily pay a decent sub for it. It's a way of supporting it for folk who can't get to the days.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Camera angles are good.

If Championship cricket was shown live like this on a permanent basis I'd happily pay a decent sub for it. It's a way of supporting it for folk who can't get to the days.

I'd wonder what the take up in India would be for an offer like this. Pujara is clearly a pull and you'd think there's a few quid in it.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Derbyshire openers Godleman 11* and Masood 33* untroubled in the first hour... 50-0 (14.4 overs)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
And another strangle... is it a plan??

Brooke Guest c †Mohammad Rizwan b Atkins 12 (32m 25b 2x4 0x6) SR: 48

91-2

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
This isn’t looking good.
I’m starting to wonder if crocombe will ever be up to it. good players control him with such ease.
Similar concerns with Atkins too, although he is obviously quicker so there is more hope.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Tea, Day One

Derbyshire 237-2 (64 overs) Masood 146* Madsen 54*

This is not looking good.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Strong chance of Pujara and Rizwan batting together during this game / next few games. Can't be often in recent times an Indian and Pakistani player have shared a partnership for the same time.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Another streaky four.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Looks a pretty flat pitch. Madsen is one of those players who always seems to score runs against us - it didn't help us dropping him though.

I do think our batting will be all right this season but without Robbo and Archer, I can't see us bowling anyone out - unless we produce an absolute greentop (and then we'll be skittled out for 68)

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Strong chance of Pujara and Rizwan batting together during this game / next few games. Can't be often in recent times an Indian and Pakistani player have shared a partnership for the same time.

Any guessing on how long that partnership is likely to last and the runs scored, given that this is Sussex?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here