Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Want a wage of £292,938 a year?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The job advertisement for Dame Cressida Dick's permanent successor as Met Police commissioner has been published by the Home Office.

The advert stipulates that the new commissioner must be "inspirational" and have experience of leading a policing organisation.

The salary for the role is £292,938. Applications will close on 4 May.

The successful candidate will ultimately be appointed by the Queen on the home secretary's recommendation.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Doesn't seem outlandishly high, for a position of such authority and responsibility. Not in comparison to football club CEOs earning multiple times as much, anyway!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Do you have to be a copper, or will they look out of the box?

It says that the applicant 'must have experience of leading a policing organisation'.

I read that as must have a police background - though not necessarily OUR police.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There are Division Three footballers earning more than that.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There are Division Three footballers earning more than that.

...... and Prime Ministers earning barely half that.

(and yes, we know that some people think that's far too much, and he should go, and he's a liar, etc., etc. There are perfectly good threads available)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Doesn't seem outlandishly high, for a position of such authority and responsibility. Not in comparison to football club CEOs earning multiple times as much, anyway!

Thousands and thousands of people who are not CEOs or even directors earn way more than that in the financial services industry but they are usually appointed to those roles through nepotism so I guess it’s not a fair comparison they would not be advertised to the general hoi polloi.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thousands and thousands of people who are not CEOs or even directors earn way more than that in the financial services industry but they are usually appointed to those roles through nepotism so I guess it’s not a fair comparison they would not be advertised to the general hoi polloi.

What a pile of tosh.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You couldn’t pay me enough to be in charge of that mob of racist, misogynistic, homophobic, bullies. Especially when a huge part of the job seems to be protecting and covering up for the convicted criminal, Boris Johnson. Thanks for asking though.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
You couldn’t pay me enough to be in charge of that mob of racist, misogynistic, homophobic, bullies. Especially when a huge part of the job seems to be protecting and covering up for the convicted criminal, Boris Johnson. Thanks for asking though.

Trust me the police here on the whole are very good when compared to the ones back home . Be careful what you wish for .

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
You can all make your cheap jibes, painting all members of The Met with the same brush, but there are plenty of officers who don’t think for a moment for their own safety to do the job of protecting others, and are quite prepared to put themselves in danger.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-60867784

Watch the video, then ask if you would happily put yourself in the officers’ position.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You can all make your cheap jibes, painting all members of The Met with the same brush, but there are plenty of officers who don’t think for a moment for their own safety to do the job of protecting others, and are quite prepared to put themselves in danger.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-60867784

Watch the video, then ask if you would happily put yourself in the officers’ position.

You are right. There have been quite a few instances at work where the police have had to attend and it was like the cavalry arriving. I was being glib.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here