Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolves tickets

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Is the away end still shit?

I understand from midlands relatives Wolverhampton is a dreadful away day. THe away end is the worst in the league and the locals are extremely unpleasant, those of you attending take care and keep your wits about you.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Is the away end still shit?

I think it is the away "side" that we get. No problems with the locals last couple of times I've been. Remember having bottles and bricks thrown at us a long,long time ago on the way back to the railway station though. Couldn't tell if they were upset with the Albion fans though,I couldn't understand a bloody word they said!!:D

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I understand from midlands relatives Wolverhampton is a dreadful away day. THe away end is the worst in the league and the locals are extremely unpleasant, those of you attending take care and keep your wits about you.
Never found it that bad, went one Monday night 1-1 Zamora scored locals seemed friendly. It kicked off once in the championship think that was 2-2 although Brighton had a firm out that day for a Palace meet so probably always on the cards.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I think it is the away "side" that we get. No problems with the locals last couple of times I've been. Remember having bottles and bricks thrown at us a long,long time ago on the way back to the railway station though. Couldn't tell if they were upset with the Albion fans though,I couldn't understand a bloody word they said!!:D

We’re behind the goal in the black coloured seats

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I think because many midlands accents sound daft to our ears , the presumption is the people can’t be nasty - they can . Similar issue with New Yorkers moving to California .

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry

Not my take at all and I’ve been there many times - I prefer the side option which we had a few years ago(the 0-0 where Izzy had a very brief cameo it may have been one of the classic CH defensive performances away from home). The only disadvantage that day was the very bright sun! Were we high up at the back corner the time Mac made his debut just before COVID?? I can’t recall. Sadly I can’t go this time.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove

For those of you who have never been to the Black Country, a visit to the Black Country museum showing how it all looked in yesteryear, and where they filmed some of Peaky Blinders, is highly recommended. However if you don’t have time, and just want a similar experience, a walk round the centre of Wolverhampton can be a good alternative :D.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Nah - we've taken a reduced allocation so got the three blocks in the corner (NL6, NU6, NU7 if you look at their seating plan). Been to our last few games there.........no issues at all, apart from the games being as dull as **** since Knocky scored a couple there :lolol:

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
personally always found the locals very friendly and welcoming

side stand lower tier is bad due to lack of space and very small concourse - neither of which anyone was bothered by in promotion season game

felt more cramped re the 0-0 Izzy game

last Ali Mac game pre lockdown has nice large concourse but terrible view up top behind goal

this time am few rows back from pitch behind goal - should be miles better view - got this seat with Albion+ membership only

before when had ST could only get seat up top - see thread re what has happened re away ticket demand recently

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm guessing that those claiming this is the worst away ground obviously haven't been to Old Trafford!!! Luckily we don't' sit at away games!

Personally, only issue with wolves is that there are virtually no pubs for away fans!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here