Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Conditioning Coaches

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Shout out to the brilliant work done by the conditioning coaches. Watching Leo this weekend you can really see the gym and diet work paying off.

When Leo arrived he was getting brushed off the ball left, right and centre, cutting short any ability he had with the ball. Forward a couple of seasons, during the Arsenal game he was hold off sometimes two players at a time!

Some were worried when he started to bulk up but the club have got his condition bang on the money.

Well done to Leo and the team.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It's true that bulking up a player makes them less hard to knock iff the ball, but there's a balance to be found. Accelerating with and carrying all that upper body muscle takes more effort and is harder to do.

Some players they over do it. I actually thought knockeart was much better earlier in his career because he was more slight and he able to jink though tight spaces and accelerate quickly. You can't get knocked off the ball if they can't ger near you.

Sent from my M2101K9G using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's true that bulking up a player makes them less hard to knock iff the ball, but there's a balance to be found. Accelerating with and carrying all that upper body muscle takes more effort and is harder to do.

Some players they over do it. I actually thought knockeart was much better earlier in his career because he was more slight and he able to jink though tight spaces and accelerate quickly. You can't get knocked off the ball if they can't ger near you.

Sent from my M2101K9G using Tapatalk

This is absolutely true, and IMO our club did NOT get it right with Trossard at all - not to start with. They did identify that he was knocked off the ball too easily, but they went way too far in the bulking up stakes - he got heavy and lost a lot of his early zip. Seem to have rebalanced things pretty well now though (probably 3 months before he leaves!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here