Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mannequins again

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I am still looking for a favour, I have found 9 or so mannequins, but ideally I need a few more. Does anyone have any shopfitting mannequins along the lines of those in the photo that I can borrow for the weekend of the 22nd April? This is for a display at the Amex over the 25th Goldstone commemoration weekend. Need to be adult male size torso, on a stand. I can collect from most places in Sussex, and return them when finished.

TIA.

21P8JomTPML._AC_.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Have you thought about contacting male clothing retailers to ask for a loan dummy (no comments about Akpom please) for the weekend?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Showing my age here, but didn't someone place a joke advert - in the Argus, IIRC - about Brighton & Hove Albion 'mannequins' for sale in the late 70s/80s?

Jul 7, 2003
I am still looking for a favour, I have found 9 or so mannequins, but ideally I need a few more. Does anyone have any shopfitting mannequins along the lines of those in the photo that I can borrow for the weekend of the 22nd April? This is for a display at the Amex over the 25th Goldstone commemoration weekend. Need to be adult male size torso, on a stand. I can collect from most places in Sussex, and return them when finished.

TIA.

View attachment 146876

Have you tried the club shop manager to see if they have any you could borrow - I'm sure they have them around to show off the kits etc.

Alternatively, isn't there a local menswear shop that is one of the club sponsors as they might also be able to help in exchange for a bit of advertising?

Jul 7, 2003
One more thought - have you tried the local museums? They often have exhibitions of old clothing etc so may have mannequins you can borrow.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Have you tried the club shop manager to see if they have any you could borrow - I'm sure they have them around to show off the kits etc.

Alternatively, isn't there a local menswear shop that is one of the club sponsors as they might also be able to help in exchange for a bit of advertising?

The club shop has 4 of them I think, and we'll be able to use them.
I shall see what I can find out about menswear retail sponsors :thumbsup:

One more thought - have you tried the local museums? They often have exhibitions of old clothing etc so may have mannequins you can borrow.
I will give it a go :thumbsup:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Bounce!

I'm up to 14 so far, really could do with a few more if anyone has any.

Dead end when trying to get hold of stores, can't find any ex/secondhand places locally.

TIA.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just a thought Phil: is it for one night only? Why not use live models? Happy to strut my stuff on the catwalk in the 5XL SKINT shirt out of ye olde excelente Club Shoppe by the Clocktower if that would help. Pretty sure I could just about squeeze into it :thumbsup:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Showing my age here, but didn't someone place a joke advert - in the Argus, IIRC - about Brighton & Hove Albion 'mannequins' for sale in the late 70s/80s?
Back in I think 1982 after we (1st division) had lost 0-3 at home to Oxford (3rd division) in the FA Cup someone put an advert in the Argus:

"For Sale - Eleven clockwork clowns. Some work better than others." The number to ring was the club's office in Newtown Road!

(Note to youngsters: this was when all clubs took the FA Cup seriously and it was a full-strength Albion side. And apologies to Superphil for going O/T).

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Back in I think 1982 after we (1st division) had lost 0-3 at home to Oxford (3rd division) in the FA Cup someone put an advert in the Argus:

"For Sale - Eleven clockwork clowns. Some work better than others." The number to ring was the club's office in Newtown Road!

(Note to youngsters: this was when all clubs took the FA Cup seriously and it was a full-strength Albion side. And apologies to Superphil for going O/T).

That must have been what I was thinking of. It was 40 years ago, after all....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here