Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Johnson gambit

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"I was either too stupid to know that I had broken my own rules, or too dishonest to admit that I had done so."

Think on that :shrug:

And we are being urged to move on, so that Johnson can save us from Putin.

HRH.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjgE4kNSU74

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
They will get kicked out at the next election and regroup.

They've been acting like an administration at the end of its lifespan for ages, because there simply isn't a plan.

It was a particular sequence of events that got them in with a large majority. It will be a particular sequence of events that sees them out.

The interesting thing will be how they react.

Lurch to the right or try or reinvent the centre ground.

The only other scenario is that Johnson goes prior to the election. If they elect someone like Truss, she'll ensure they are out of power for a while.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
They will get kicked out at the next election and regroup.

They've been acting like an administration at the end of its lifespan for ages, because there simply isn't a plan.

It was a particular sequence of events that got them in with a large majority. It will be a particular sequence of events that sees them out.

The interesting thing will be how they react.

Lurch to the right or try or reinvent the centre ground.

The only other scenario is that Johnson goes prior to the election. If they elect someone like Truss, she'll ensure they are out of power for a while.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk
Good post. A cabinet of chancers and lightweights, promoted on their blind support of Brexit rather than any intellectual ability or suitability for their positions. This country, from whichever governing party had politicians of gravitas, dignity, intellect, probity and honesty in cabinet. These qualities no longer seem to be important to this Government. I hope they get slaughtered at the local elections, and they deserve to be. Sorry if a number of decent local Tory councillors lose their seats, but this is the only way the electorate have of voicing their opinion on this disgrace of a Government

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The Tories will do whatever they think they need to do to stay in power. More often than not - whether we like it or not - they get that bit right. C'est la vie. :shrug:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Good post. A cabinet of chancers and lightweights, promoted on their blind support of Brexit rather than any intellectual ability or suitability for their positions. This country, from whichever governing party had politicians of gravitas, dignity, intellect, probity and honesty in cabinet. These qualities no longer seem to be important to this Government. I hope they get slaughtered at the local elections, and they deserve to be. Sorry if a number of decent local Tory councillors lose their seats, but this is the only way the electorate have of voicing their opinion on this disgrace of a Government

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

I met some decent ones outside a couple of weeks ago.

I live in Wandsworth, the jewel in the Conservative local council crown. Lowest council tax in the country, the libraries are open and the bins get collected.

When you walk between Wandsworth and Lambeth (around Clapham South) the streets get dirtier as you leave Wandsworth.

That said, those local activists just know they are going to get a kicking. They told me they are only campaigning on local issues.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Ah but what are labours proposals, nothing probably to dissimilar…

Politics, a game for fools, voted for by fools…

We get the same shite in different wolves clothing.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
'They didn't have a blind support of Brexit (are we allowed to mention that word now?) - most of them were against it. But the Tories always have done - and probably always will do - what they think was needed to win elections and stay/get in power. They rightly judged that the electorate were not prepared to stand any more fannying around trying to ignore/overturn/derail the Brexit referendum by pro-remain MPs (on all sides) and realised what they needed to do to barnstorm the last GE, and so they did it.....and succeeded, like it or not!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

So will you just bend over (and not vote) or......? ???

Never forget, never forgive, are my mottos.

And always cast a vote.

It's that or forgo any right to complain.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Yes but the opposition is irrelevant unfortunately. Most sensible Americans know that Biden should have retired years ago, but he is far better alternative than what they had.

This isn't about party politics but a group of individuals in power that should be anywhere near public life.

Get whoever or whatever to replace them, I couldn't care less. The alternative will bumble along and eventually get voted out, but this lot need to be removed at quickly as possible to mitigate the damage they are doing.

They have dragged the Conservative party into the gutter and dragged public life with it. The party is on track to be out of power for a decade at some point and that is bad for democracy.

Sensible Conservative supporters know that.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
The Tories will do whatever they think they need to do to stay in power. More often than not - whether we like it or not - they get that bit right. C'est la vie. :shrug:

you are right, the daily mail readership just can't help themselves!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
As I understand it, he's accepted he's broken the law - the law he and his government made - and so when he told Parliament that he hadn't been to any party he was lying. However he didn't realise that by going to the party(ies?) what he was doing was wrong, therefore when he lied to Parliament he was lying in good faith.

So he's essentially admitted to breaking the law, being stupid and being a liar.

Any normal human would accept that they should resign. Politicians, however, are a 'special' breed. A special breed of cuntishness, dishonesty and lack of moral fibre.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
'They didn't have a blind support of Brexit (are we allowed to mention that word now?) - most of them were against it. But the Tories always have done - and probably always will do - what they think was needed to win elections and stay/get in power. They rightly judged that the electorate were not prepared to stand any more fannying around trying to ignore/overturn/derail the Brexit referendum by pro-remain MPs (on all sides) and realised what they needed to do to barnstorm the last GE, and so they did it.....and succeeded, like it or not!

It was mostly ERG group members like Mark Francois and Peter Bone, and DUP that voted against Mays Brexit, Tory remain MP's mostly backed it. If May had not lost the majority she inherited, she would have got it through.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

I just feel that the major bit they need to get right for the red wall voters is levelling up. They haven’t got a hope with that as far as I can see.

And the cost of living/fuel price crisis is more akin to levelling down. It’s not just Partygate that people are angry about.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The main advantage the Tories have is having two parties in opposition, with a broadly similar position.

Labour spend too much time trying to win votes off the Liberals, to really land anything on the Tories.
Unfortunately neither side are clever enough to support tactical voting.

Divide and rule.
Never fails.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
What I cant get my head around is why anyone would think that after 12 years of a Conservative government anything would be significantly different for the next four.

I also dont get why anyone thinks coalition is a bad idea and something to be avoided.

Strange narratives in politics

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As I understand it, he's accepted he's broken the law - the law he and his government made - and so when he told Parliament that he hadn't been to any party he was lying. However he didn't realise that by going to the party(ies?) what he was doing was wrong, therefore when he lied to Parliament he was lying in good faith.

So he's essentially admitted to breaking the law, being stupid and being a liar.

Any normal human would accept that they should resign. Politicians, however, are a 'special' breed. A special breed of cuntishness, dishonesty and lack of moral fibre.
BJ will doubtless now have one eye on the blockbuster deal for his 'Churchillian' memoirs. The longer he sticks around, the more material he's got

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What I can't get my head around is how someone could have voted for a Johnson led Government 2 and a bit years ago and are now surprised by what they got :lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What I cant get my head around is why anyone would think that after 12 years of a Conservative government anything would be significantly different for the next four.

I also dont get why anyone thinks coalition is a bad idea and something to be avoided.

People are stupid. They blindly believe dogma and don’t question it.

I didn’t vote for it but it’s my belief that the Tory/Lib Dem coalition government was the second best administration in the last 50 years despite Cameron hitting the self destruct (Brexit) button.

We desperately need a preferential vote system to keep the likes of Johnson and his cronies out but again, stupid people don’t understand how they work.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex

What coaltions do is get lie-b dems to renage on promises.Pledges on EMA, tuition charges, prescription charges hospital car parking et all just for a few ministerial cars. Their policies became an irrelevance, their morals an encumbrance for pointless ambition.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here