Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Returning by train from Spurs PRONTO

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
I need to get back pronto on Saturday due to an evening commitment and I’m not leaving early! White Hart Lane Stadium is surrounded by stations. Some of I hadn’t even heard eg Silver Street. Some no doubt busier than others? Conscious we’ll be exiting from north of stadium. Any hints/tips as to quickest way back to Three Bridges?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I need to get back pronto on Saturday due to an evening commitment and I’m not leaving early! White Hart Lane Stadium is surrounded by stations. Some of I hadn’t even heard eg Silver Street. Some no doubt busier than others? Conscious we’ll be exiting from north of stadium. Any hints/tips as to quickest way back to Three Bridges?

Get to Finsbury Park (brisk walk to Seven Sisters, then one stop on the tube) and then the Thameslink direct from there to Three Bridges via London Bridge..………problem at the moment though is the number of cancellations. If that happens, I’d stay on the tube to Victoria instead and then get a direct train from there. Just check the National Rail app/website on your way so you know what to do - good thing about London is the number of options if something has gone wrong.

I planned to get the TL from Finsbury Park direct back from Arsenal but there was an hour’s wait due to cancellations. Got the first train to King’s Cross (almost immediately), tube to Aldgate (Circle line had delays otherwise would have gone to Monument) and then walked to London Bridge from there. Was still back in Burgess Hill by 7.15pm.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If that happens, I’d stay on the tube to Victoria instead and then get a direct train from there. Just check the National Rail app/website on your way so you know what to do .

Southern:

All day on Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday, no trains will run between London Victoria and East Croydon/Streatham Hill

Great advice.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Get to Finsbury Park (brisk walk to Seven Sisters, then one stop on the tube) and then the Thameslink direct from there to Three Bridges via London Bridge..………problem at the moment though is the number of cancellations. If that happens, I’d stay on the tube to Victoria instead and then get a direct train from there. Just check the National Rail app/website on your way so you know what to do - good thing about London is the number of options if something has gone wrong.

I planned to get the TL from Finsbury Park direct back from Arsenal but there was an hour’s wait due to cancellations. Got the first train to King’s Cross (almost immediately), tube to Aldgate (Circle line had delays otherwise would have gone to Monument) and then walked to London Bridge from there. Was still back in Burgess Hill by 7.15pm.

Sounds good, thanks. Finsbury Park worked out ok for me last week too. FP to Kings Cross over to St Pancras for direct Thameslink.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Southern:

All day on Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday, no trains will run between London Victoria and East Croydon/Streatham Hill

Great advice.

‘Check the app/website’ :shrug:……..and go from Victoria to Blackfriars and pick up TL there instead

Last edited:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Jump on 341 Bus when you come out the ground - That will save you a walk to the busy stations and it will drop you off at Manor House Underground, which wont be busy. One stop on Piccadilly Line to Finsbury Park. There is no walk between Piccadilly Line to the Victoria Line, just across the platform. That goes direct to Victoria and then ''Bobs Yer Uncle fanny's yer Antie'' your on a train to Brighton within 30 to 35 minutes

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Jump on 341 Bus when you come out the ground - That will save you a walk to the busy stations and it will drop you off at Manor House Underground, which wont be busy. One stop on Piccadilly Line to Finsbury Park. There is no walk between Piccadilly Line to the Victoria Line, just across the platform. That goes direct to Victoria and then ''Bobs Yer Uncle fanny's yer Antie'' your on a train to Brighton within 30 to 35 minutes

Brill. That’s the type of option I would not have arrived at.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
PS: Going via Seven Sisters is your best bet (and then get to Brighton on a Thameslink via Finsbury Park given that Victoria is out of action AGAIN) but bear in mind its a longish walk up the Seven Sisters Road (20 mins) and the Seven Sisters tube entrance will be managed with a queueing system/stewards etc.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Brill. That’s the type of option I would not have arrived at.

I used to live at the top of St Anne's Road on the corner with Green Lanes - That's how I knew about the Bus. And St Anne's Road is quite a quiet Road, so hopefully you won't get caught in traffic on the bus

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Nothing direct front Vic on Saturday so if you end up there, nip across to Blackfriars

They will be able to take the Piccadilly or Victoria Line ( from Manor House )and get off at Kings X St Pancras ( instead of going to Victoria ) and that will get them off at another Thameslink Station

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

In the same way, you can get a bus to Turnpike Lane tube station (~5 mins on the bus tops) along Lordship Lane and then you can be on the
Piccadilly down to Green park (~20 mins.) and then to Victoria. I walk it most times because it's a decent walk. I used to
live in Bounds Green, so know the area.

el punal

Good luck with the pronto bit! From experience - the two nearest stations are White Hart Lane and Northumberland Park. WHL is awful, NP was a breeze after our cup tie. I suggest that you go to NP and pick a train that goes to Stratford as you then have multiple choices of routes and destinations.

Any other stations are a good walk away and will take ages to get to. Good luck again!

P.S. Northumberland Park Station is about a 10 minute walk from the stadium. Also, at Stratford you can catch the Jubilee line tube which will take you to London Bridge for any train going dahn saff.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
In the same way, you can get a bus to Turnpike Lane tube station (~5 mins on the bus tops) along Lordship Lane and then you can be on the
Piccadilly down to Green park (~20 mins.) and then to Victoria. I walk it most times because it's a decent walk. I used to

Yeh they are options as well but the bus routes to Wood Green and Turnpike Lane can be a wee bit busier and can often get caught in traffic

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Victoria is closed all weekend

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here