Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Little signs that you might just be losing it :0/

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've literally just tried to swipe a small insect off my laptop screen with the mouse pointer. I'm 50.

WTF ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've literally just tried to swipe a small insect off my laptop screen with the mouse pointer. I'm 50.

WTF ?

I told the kids the frog / mortgage / Mick Jagger joke that was posted on here a few days ago, framing it as the world's worst dad joke and delighting in their obvious contempt.

Then I took the dog for a walk and called him "Pat" (which you will understand if you know the joke I'm talking about) instead of his proper name.

I suspect both incidents count.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Did it work?

Didn't even startle it. But it HAS now met its end.

61zBIkYy7TS._SX522_.jpg

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

WTF ?

My Nan once told my dad to clean the fish tank when looking at an old PC monitor with the windows logo screensaver bouncing around the screen

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
A few days ago I wasn't sure which hand to hold a knife and fork in and found it frustrating.

I'm 50.

I am probably losing it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Didn't even startle it. But it HAS now met its end.

61zBIkYy7TS._SX522_.jpg

We had one of them when we lived in Taipei where mozzies and gnats are EVERYWHERE.

Regularly saw an old Taiwanese bloke in a vest near our apartment block waving one around near a light during the evening and lighting up the strings like a good old Lewes bonfire.

Meanwhile, the satisfaction gained in nailing a big b'stard mosquito right in the middle of the bat cannot be underestimated. Like hitting a Wimbledon winner down the line against Federer or smacking Brett Lee for four.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We had one of them when we lived in Taipei where mozzies and gnats are EVERYWHERE.

Regularly saw an old Taiwanese bloke in a vest near our apartment block waving one around near a light during the evening and lighting up the strings like a good old Lewes bonfire.

Meanwhile, the satisfaction gained in nailing a big b'stard mosquito right in the middle of the bat cannot be underestimated. Like hitting a Wimbledon winner down the line against Federer or smacking Brett Lee for four.

During that brief sunny spell we had a few weeks back (sometimes referred to as "British Summer" I believe), I had loads of mozzies congregating in their little swarms all around the garden and patio. I went to town on them, basically committing mass mosquito genocide as I floated around our lawn like your Roger Federer, elegantly dispatching them with a forehand and backhand swish, or sometimes an overhand serve.

You're quite right. The static crackle of taking them out - with additional attractive blue flash in the dusk - is one of the most satisfying things I've experienced since I came across a reem of bubble wrap in an alleyway in Bolton (long story).

Now I'm absolutely hankering for a bluebottle or a WASP. Bring it on.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This may be a London thing, but I often get out my cash card (used to be Oyster) to "swipe" when "entering" a pedestrian crossing.

This isn't recent, I've been doing it for years.

I chuckled to myself last week when an elderly person confused a barcode scanner on the till at a coffee kiosk with the contactless machine.

Poor dear relentlessly waving her cash card at the scanner hoping the laser would pick up the non existent barcode on her card.

A few days ago I did the same.

Quite worryingly I walked out of M&S without paying yesterday, but managed to very quickly reverse ferret.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have stood over the full sink recently with a dirty cup in one hand and a clean knife and fork in the other and simply not known what to do with any of it or in what order :lolol::blush:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I chuckled to myself last week when an elderly person confused a barcode scanner on the till at a coffee kiosk with the contactless machine.

Poor dear relentlessly waving her cash card at the scanner hoping the laser would pick up the non existent barcode on her card.

A few days ago I did the same.

Somewhat worryingly, so did the Chancellor of the Exchequer a week or so ago.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Deciding I need to do something and before I even reach the next room, it’s gone, no idea what I’ve gone to do. I think you need to be more than 50 before this starts happening

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Once made myself late for work and also very angry because I spent nearly 30mins looking for my glasses when I was wearing them the whole time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here