Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 9th place finish anyone?......

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Aarrrgggghhhhhh

Can't you just be happy (surprised) the Albion, in April, are currently 11th.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Funny how just one victory, enjoyable though it was, changes everything on NSC.

Our absolutely abject performances since the turn of the year, including six straight defeats, instantly forgotten.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Our absolutely abject performances since the turn of the year, including six straight defeats, instantly forgotten.

Our results have been abject. Our goal scoring has been abject. But it seems that YOU have instantly forgotten some of the performances which have been pretty good overall if you ignore the abject shooting.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Our results have been abject. Our goal scoring has been abject. But it seems that YOU have instantly forgotten some of the performances which have been pretty good overall if you ignore the abject shooting.

Fair point. Performances against Man Utd, Newcastle, Norwich and at times against Liverpool were decent. Spurs and Villa were below par and only Burnley was terrible.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I agree, but unless you put the ball into the back of the next you don't win games however good your approach play may be.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Being that 9th is the best we can hope for think it's possible despite our tough run in. Wouldn't it be fantastic to finish in top half and pulling results like yesterday's out the bag just puts things into perspective after a dreadful run.

Like the enthusiasm, but have to say I felt the same way after Watford away, and that went well…..

I think anywhere around halfway is very impressive.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Well one thing appears certain. 9th to 16th will be VERY congested. Considering that’s worth an extra £16m that might make a huge difference in the summer it would be lovely to fluke a win somehow in the next two.

Part of me hopes City spank Liverpool today and that we can, err, ‘do a Palace’ and beat City up there. Primarily I’d like to do it just to see how gracious Pep will be then…

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The victory was most welcome, but the next 2 games look evil for us.

In the last 4 games Tottenham have a GD of +12. 1 nil to the TeamLikeBrighton then.

Seriously, for me it is now all about a few albion smiling faces at the Amex after the game vs Southampton.

Certainly not forgotten. My point is that 9th is achievable considering that despite the poor run we are sitting 11th and after looking hopeless at getting another win we pull a win at champions league chasing arsenal on their own patch!! Some on here were all doom and gloom and being honest i myself couldn't see another win. Just goes to show that despite having a very poor run of form, we ain't that bad a side when we show up.

Aarrrgggghhhhhh

Can't you just be happy (surprised) the Albion, in April, are currently 11th.
Very happy to be sitting 11th after yesterday's win. My point is 9th is the best we can hope for despite the awful run we had. Wouldn't it be a great place to aim for considering?...difference in prize money between say 16th and 9th is worth an extra what? 10 million?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Very happy to be sitting 11th after yesterday's win. My point is 9th is the best we can hope for despite the awful run we had. Wouldn't it be a great place to aim for considering?...difference in prize money between say 16th and 9th is worth an extra what? 10 million?

£2m per place so £16m

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
After spending the last few weeks looking back down the table I was just shocked after yesterdays win to find us still joint 9th on points. Just surprising to still be in with a chance of top 10 after such a bad run. It seems a few other teams are having a dip in form. Villa have lost 4 in a row, could easily become 5 with Leicester away up next, and Southampton have 1 point from last 5 games with Arsenal up next. Im sure our Spurs and City games will spoil that hope.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Used to be football fans would dream when things went well, however unlikely the dream was. Now it seems curmudgeons are waiting in the wings to mock, even after a fabulous win, quite sad.

Most of us know our place, some seem to like to constantly remind us of it ,even in the good times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here