Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Forget about it.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Hopefully today it draws a line between fans and the team/management. The rest of the season can be fun and let’s support each over. Outrageous performance today. Up the Albion.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Hopefully today it draws a line between fans and the team/management. The rest of the season can be fun and let’s support each over. Outrageous performance today. Up the Albion.

A great performance and win most definately, but it's impossible to just forget those six straight defeats, (and a draw), that preceded it.

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
A great performance and win most definately, but it's impossible to just forget those six straight defeats, (and a draw), that preceded it.

It is remembering those defeats that prolonged the poor run. Football is all about mistakes and nearly moments if it wasn't it wouldn't be half as much fun. Every team goes through a bad run some get out of it quicker than others the Albion's went on for longer than any of us would have liked but that is football.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A brilliant performance and day.

A great deal of the nsc criticism before this game was about the tools at Potter’s disposal. NOT a sustained whinge against players.

Mwepu and Caicedo’s presence in the starting line up changed everything, plus great tactics from GP.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Home form needs sorting out.

Good win yesterday though. I think we will pick up a few more before the end of the season.

Record breaking points and place will be a good result.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I've been lucky enough to be at the last 2 wins, away at Watford and Arsenal where there was a great atmopshere in the Albion end. After yesterday's top performance, i really hope we can now transfer that to the Amex where the atmosphere does not always help the players, so perhaps they can play more freely and the crowd can cut them some slack at home.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

So out of interest - if the loses, draws and wins had been more evenly spread over the season so far, rather than being clumped together - would you be moaning ?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Super win, there is no doubt In my mind Potter has been selecting the wrong line up for weeks until yesterday. Have no problem discussing it on here or in person with other fans I know. Why some are keen for censorship on such matters seems a little strange.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It's been a torrid run of form, but after the brilliant performance and result yesterday I'm hoping we'll see a few youngsters blooded into the team in the upcoming matches. Would like to see Caicedo & Sarmiento get some more minutes from the start, and perhaps some substitute apps for Ferguson, Offiah etc.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Super win, there is no doubt In my mind Potter has been selecting the wrong line up for weeks until yesterday. Have no problem discussing it on here or in person with other fans I know. Why some are keen for censorship on such matters seems a little strange.

I agree with you about censorship but I do wonder about some of the moaning on here. Some people come across as thoroughly miserable and seem determined to spread that misery around.
I just think that if something made me as miserable as some say it is, I would walk away, not carry on torturing myself.
Makes me think that most of them are on a windup.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Yes a convincing win in front of 60,000 against one of the most expensively assembled teams in the world, who had a formidable home record, two quality goals and excellent performances all over the pitch, much better to wallow in a pool of misery.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well you go ahead and remember them, I’ll concentrate on remembering our performance yesterday - much more fun doncha think?

Fun yeah of course, but l don't want that run of defeats to return any time soon thanks! Yesterday was just one win, let's see how we do against Spurs.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes a convincing win in front of 60,000 against one of the most expensively assembled teams in the world, who had a formidable home record, two quality goals and excellent performances all over the pitch, much better to wallow in a pool of misery.

How am l wallowing in a pool of misery! I enjoyed the win just as much as you thank you! I just believe in realism that's all. One solitary win doesn's suddenly make us a fantastic team again.

el punal

It's been a torrid run of form, but after the brilliant performance and result yesterday I'm hoping we'll see a few youngsters blooded into the team in the upcoming matches. Would like to see Caicedo & Sarmiento get some more minutes from the start, and perhaps some substitute apps for Ferguson, Offiah etc.

Offiah is pretty good when he’s one on one against the goalie. :whistle:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I agree with you about censorship but I do wonder about some of the moaning on here. Some people come across as thoroughly miserable and seem determined to spread that misery around.
I just think that if something made me as miserable as some say it is, I would walk away, not carry on torturing myself.
Makes me think that most of them are on a windup.
It’s a very reactionary place. One win in like forever Potters a genius again all is forgiven the team are great. Pre kick off, this lot are useless not good enough for the PL big summer clear out required :lolol:

No wonder some on here enjoy having a wind up it’s to easy.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Agree.

Yesterday, tactically was spot on, though I did wonder why Welbeck was selected, but then he was outstanding.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So out of interest - if the loses, draws and wins had been more evenly spread over the season so far, rather than being clumped together - would you be moaning ?

That's a decent question.

My gut reaction is if results had upped and downed their way to 11th now, I'd be not making the noise I have been, and chances are will start up again in the near future.

If for no other reason than it would mean the goals were also divided out through the season.

The peaks.and troughs do lend themselves to a 'something's not right' narrative, esp as the peaks have been quite sketchy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here