[Albion] Player ratings vs Arsenal (a)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well, someone had to do it ...

... these are from seeing it live at the stadium:

Sanchez 9 -- a few worldies in there, and nice bit of time-wasting too
Veltman 8 -- rock hard, clever, and a bit of sh!thousery in there too
Dunk 8 -- really, very, very good today, the formation really seemed to suit him
Cucurella 9 -- he is such a good player, tenacious, enjoy him while we have him
Gross 7 -- good engine
Caicedo 7.5 -- lovely assist and link up play for what must be our goal of the season, think he might be some player
Bissouma 7.5 -- really very good, a little bit marked off for walking round the pitch in that direction
Mwepu 9.5 MotM -- just brilliant
Trossard 8 -- lovely finish (it was so well hit, I was sure it was Ali Mac that hit it), great tricks and amazing strength in holding up the ball
Ali Mac 7 -- intelligent, been our best player of late
Welbeck 7.5 -- really good in the first half, stretching them all over the place

Lamptey 7
Lallana 6 -- one over-elaborate moment that nearly cost us
Webster n/a

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well, someone had to do it ...

... these are from seeing it live at the stadium:

Sanchez 9 -- a few worldies in there, and nice bit of time-wasting too
Veltman 8 -- rock hard, clever, and a bit of sh!thousery in there too
Dunk 8 -- really, very, very good today, the formation really seemed to suit him
Cucurella 9 -- he is such a good player, tenacious, enjoy him while we have him
Gross 7 -- good engine
Caicedo 7.5 -- lovely assist and link up play for what must be our goal of the season, think he might be some player
Bissouma 7.5 -- really very good, a little bit marked off for walking round the pitch in that direction
Mwepu 9.5 MotM -- just brilliant
Trossard 8 -- lovely finish (it was so well hit, I was sure it was Ali Mac that hit it), great tricks and amazing strength in holding up the ball
Ali Mac 7 -- intelligent, been our best player of late
Welbeck 7.5 -- really good in the first half, stretching them all over the place

Lamptey 7
Lallana 6 -- one over-elaborate moment that nearly cost us
Webster n/a

Can’t really argue with any of those. A 9 for Potter, his midfield setup in particular ruined Arteta, and a 10 for us lot in the corner :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m an emotional rollercoaster kind of fan, so subjectively:

Sanchez 9 - he ate up crosses, was always in the right place for shots and what a save.

Veltman 9.5 joint MOTM - a living hell for their right side, then popping up at CB … did the Veltman twins play?
Dunk 8.5 - back to his best.
Cucurella 9 - back to his best.

Gross 7.5 - used all his football intelligence.
Caicedo 8.5 - we’ve been crying out for a pacey warrior, who can play.
Bissouma 8.5 - he hasn’t given up on us, part of a brilliant CM trio.
Mwepu 9.5 joint MOTM - brilliant at everything.
Trossard 8 - great goal and ball retention.

Welbeck 7.5 - good job in leading the line and link-up play.
Mac Allister 7 - watching a stream I didn’t notice him much, perhaps those there can give a more accurate rating?

Lamptey 6 - didn’t exploit his pace against a makeshift fullback, not helped by the wrong wing.
Lallana 4 - love the player, but as a sub he was almost a liability.
Webster - hard to say in the cameo.

Potter 10 - this one’s on him. I doubted his starting line up, but THAT midfield left :cry:Arteta/Xhaka/Martinelli:cry: to resort to whinging and trying to dupe the officials.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can’t really argue with any of those. A 9 for Potter, his midfield setup in particular ruined Arteta, and a 10 for us lot in the corner :lolol:

Because of the location of away fans, on TV we got plenty of shots of the Albion corner. Throughout, it appeared to be a sea of happy faces, lots of elated kids and great singing.

One of the best trips for you?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Because of the location of away fans, on TV we got plenty of shots of the Albion corner. Throughout, it appeared to be a sea of happy faces, lots of elated kids and great singing.

One of the best trips for you?

Atmosphere was excellent from start to finish….def one of the better ones this season :D

theboybilly

Totally agree on the Away section, they were great. With my old aching bones I find it difficult to join in but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy a good atmosphere. Today wasn't just good, it was excellent.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Everyone gets an 8 apart from Mwepu, Dunk and Cucurella who were top drawer Prem quality and get 9s.

A special mention goes to Moises Caicedo though. With Moder out and Biss likely gone we REALLY needed that performance.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Also from seeing it live

6 - average

Sanchez - 8
Veltman - 8
Dunk - 8
Cucurella - 9
Mwepu - 9 - MoM
Bissouma - 8