Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you think Graham Potter will be our manager at the start of next season?

Do you think Graham Potter will be our manager at the start of next season

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just to be clear this is NOT a Potter In/Out poll and whether you back him or don’t.

Whatever your feelings about him, just whether he’ll walk, be sacked, leave by mutual consent or stay. Left it as just the two options rather than all the aforementioned to avoid a binfest :smile:

My gut feeling is that I expect him to be gone

Last edited:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Just to be clear this is NOT a Potter In/Out poll and whether you back him or don’t.

Whatever your feelings about him, just whether he’ll walk, be sacked, leave by mutual consent or stay. Left it as just the two options rather than all the aforementioned to avoid a binfest :smile:

My gut feeling is that I expect him to be gone

You left out, poached by another club in your options, which I think is the only scenario I can see him leaving under.

Hopefully we can get Webster and Mwepu fit, and pin our hopes on a striker (Undav) to take some weight off Maupay’s shoulders.

Get the transition from defence to attack sorted, which Webster and Mwepu will assist with and we should be able to get back to early season form.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes he will be, I certainly hope so.

I think his leash will be incredibly short and at the moment (for obvious reasons) I'm struggling to believe he'll make it to the WC break.

Last edited:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I’ve gone for he’ll still be here, after some thought.

I don’t think he’ll be poached, and I don’t think he’ll be sacked - unless we go down, which - while not impossible - is unlikely.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The recent run of abysmal results mean that he won't be poached.

Maybe he'll walk in the summer if the transfer budget doesn't back him sufficiently, but on balance I think he stays.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Both Potter and Bloom are committed to this as a long term project.

This season showed a huge step forward and then injuries, players sales and loss of form has made us take a step back again ….. was always likely it would happen to some degree. Hopefully it’s shown both of them where we need to improve the squad and we go again in August.

I do believe next season he will be judged more harshly, but again that’s only fair if we actually invest in a squad with the ability to play the way Potter wants.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I think the whole “Potter’s stock has dropped” narrative is probably a bit off the mark. I could very well imagine the decision makers at most Premier League clubs would look at our situation and see for themselves that if Potter was given a Gerrard style budget, Viera’s wealth of attackers or Leicester’s squad then he’d be able to do an excellent job. I don’t think he’s flawless by any stretch, but his budget/squad limitations are holding us back.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I'd be astounded if he wasn't unless he inexplicably walked.

It'll be just like last season, scrape to a "record points tally" that nobody other than the comms team care about, pretend that the season was one of incredible entertainment and drama, and go again in August with a couple of new players.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Be interesting to see what the odds of Potter being the next manager to leave will be, after today’s match.
Get a thumping & that 33/1 odds will be slashed. A credible result for us & Everton losing - bye bye Lampard imminently.
Personally I think GP will leave us by mutual consent before next season starts
He needs a proper budget, which he won’t get with BHA & will find a job elsewhere.

. 6E2F1115-BB28-4D04-BE9E-CB9765FFF1C6.jpeg

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I’d be really surprised if he wasn’t. The recent poor run has made it more likely he will be here next season. I guess there is a chance he’ll get sacked if this run carries on until the end of the season, but I really can’t see that happening.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Yes he will be here next season

No chance he gets poached, he’s not ready yet, as shown since the turn of the year

Needs a plan B and some consistency with the Albion before that happens

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You left out, poached by another club in your options, which I think is the only scenario I can see him leaving under.

Hopefully we can get Webster and Mwepu fit, and pin our hopes on a striker (Undav) to take some weight off Maupay’s shoulders.

Get the transition from defence to attack sorted, which Webster and Mwepu will assist with and we should be able to get back to early season form.

This would be my expectation too.

I imagine he’ll be in charge. Unless we lose every game for the rest of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Same old thread Icy. You have formed the words in a slightly different way, I’ll give you that. Yes, I think Potter will be manager at the start of next season and for some time to come.

Hardly, unless of course you are now interpreting me as voting OUT :lolol:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
100% he is all about coaching, he loves that side of the game and the opportunity to nurture and develop players into better versions of what he inherited is a key factor for him.

He is unlikely to get that opportunity at another premier League club and we have built a project that fits perfectly to his philosophies. I cannot see us getting rid of him. He does a great job considering his remit. Although clearly we are in a bad patch of results currently

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The last point is interesting. I don’t think he would be sacked if we got relegated.

Yeah, I wondered that too. I think that, on balance, TB would want to keep the faith with his manager (see Sami), but the desire to get promoted would trump loyalty. Thus, he would think “Is GP the best man to get us promoted?”, and I suspect he’d conclude ‘no’. Hence my observation - but it’s all speculation, of course.

As an aside - who might be the best man to get us promoted? Well, that Hughton chap has a decent record… not that I think that would or should happen.

I would not be surprised either way on this. I don't think he'll be sacked unless we were to continue this awful run and say, pick up 1 more point at home to saints for example and finish 17th by virtue of points already earned. I think Graham needs to be seriously backed in transfer market this summer to give him better tools to work with so to speak!! He knows he is far better than finishing 16th/17th in premier league and if that's that case at end of this season, i think Graham may just look at his options.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Underneath it all Potter must be disappointed with the lack of goals. The long term project is obviously long term improvement in incremental stages. This season was on target for something of a leap which had us all overexcited. Bloom will be happy with small marginal increases but I fear some staff, players and fans won’t have the patience to see it through and we will continue to have threads like this to mull over it all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here