Date: Saturday 9th April 2022
Kick-off: 15:00 BST
Referee: David Coote
Assistants: Ian Hussin, Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Robert Jones
VAR: Chris Kavanagh
Additional VAR: Sian Massey-Ellis

TEAM NEWS

Arsenal will be without Thomas Partey after the midfielder sustained a thigh injury in the defeat to Crystal Palace.

Defenders Takehiro Tomiyasu and Kieran Tierney remain out, with the latter undergoing surgery on his left knee this week.

Brighton could welcome back Adam Webster after the defender missed the last six games with a calf issue.

Ecuador midfielder Moses Caicedo is back in contention after illness while Jakub Moder is a long-term absentee.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Arsenal are unbeaten in three Premier League meetings with Brighton (W2, D1).
    [*=left]Brighton have recorded one win in 10 away games against Arsenal in all competitions (D2, L7).
    [*=left]The reverse fixture this season finished 0-0 and ended Brighton's run of 10 league matches without a clean sheet against the Gunners.
Arsenal

• [*=left]Arsenal have suffered two defeats in three league games after a run of one loss in 11 (W9, D1).
    [*=left]The Gunners are undefeated in 14 Premier League home games against teams below them in the table (W10, D4).
    [*=left]Arsenal have lost one of their previous 28 top-flight games at 3pm on a Saturday (W23, D4), with that defeat coming at Brighton in June 2020.
    [*=left]Alexandre Lacazette has gone 16 games in all competitions without scoring from open play.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton have won just three of their last 25 league games (D13, L9).
    [*=left]Graham Potter's side have scored once in their last seven Premier League matches.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have recorded 21 nil-nil draws since they joined the Premier League in 2017-18, more than any other side.
    [*=left]Brighton have never won a Premier League fixture in April in 15 attempts (D8, L7).
    [*=left]They have drawn nine of their last 13 Premier League games in London (W1, D3).
    [*=left]Neal Maupay has found the net just once in 13 league matches.
    [*=left]Danny Welbeck has scored in each of his last three top-flight appearances against Arsenal.

Graham Potter's Arsenal Press Conference

[tweet]1512777476375781382[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1512777476375781382

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Kids party at 2:30 to 4:30 today so after some research will be taking the iPad to a non screened pub around the corner to counter Jeff and co being a few seconds ahead of Peacock

N.B it’s not my kids party (would have done the decent thing and booked it between 11 and 1pm)

A high pressured match for both parties, it’s the sort of game we get something from based on no recognised logic, the Albion way I believe?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
'Alexandre Lacazette has gone 16 games in all competitions without scoring from open play.'
And we know all about Ben White and his aerial weakness. Put Dunk on him in their box.

We had 31 shots against Norwich, with only 4 on target.
We can't be that much off-target again. Can we?

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
If we keep creating chances and shooting then eventually one of them will go in ……surely to goodness.
Arsenal may not allow us to create as many as Norwich but even half the number will do, provided we stop them scoring…..
Anyway :albion2:

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
'Alexandre Lacazette has gone 16 games in all competitions without scoring from open play.'
And we know all about Ben White and his aerial weakness. Put Dunk on him in their box.

Oh dear ! Is this the game Alex L. gets back to scoring ? We do seem to always accommodate these statistical anomaly’s, and bring them to an end.

This is a difficult fixture at any time, certainly not one I expect us to harvest any points from, especially considering our most recent form. Just hope our players stuff my words down my throat.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Don't watch the GP press conferences anymore but no doubt it's the usual 10 minutes of how wonderful they are?

Palace have softened them up nicely for us and even injured a couple of key players
Would like to see Caicedo and sarmiento get some time out there today.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

**clears throat**

Yes. Yes we can.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Heading up to London for a family day out before I head over to the stadium and leave them shopping. My train ticket already a bit too Arsenal TV for my liking innit.

DSC_3195.JPG

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
First trip to The Emirates (for a match) today for me. Just hope the Arsenal that played Palace on Monday turn up, not the good version.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here