Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion yet to win in April in EPL

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Happy days....let's start on Saturday.

Really? We don't half run out of steam. Often we get ourselves into decent positions through the winter only to bugger it up.

The exact opposite of you know who. Highly annoying

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What a shocking stat!

Full record:

P15 W0 D8 L7 F6 A20 Pts 8

Hughton 5 points from 30, Potter 3 points from 15.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Really? We don't half run out of steam. Often we get ourselves into decent positions through the winter only to bugger it up.

The exact opposite of you know who. Highly annoying

Palace had a dreadful run in last season. Actually in the last two seasons Brighton have picked up a decent number of wins/points in the run in.
15 from the last 11 games in 2020/21
12 points from the last 9 in 2019/20
but it was pretty poor in 2018/19 - 3 points from last 9.
and only 6 from last 9 in 2017/18.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What a shocking stat!

Full record:

P15 W0 D8 L7 F6 A20 Pts 8

Hughton 5 points from 30, Potter 3 points from 15.

6 goals though.
That's one every 2.5 games.

"Why Mr Ambassador you are spoiling us".

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Palace had a dreadful run in last season. Actually in the last two seasons Brighton have picked up a decent number of wins/points in the run in.
15 from the last 11 games in 2020/21
12 points from the last 9 in 2019/20
but it was pretty poor in 2018/19 - 3 points from last 9.
and only 6 from last 9 in 2017/18.

:lolol: Salad days in 2018/19 - 3 points from the final 27 available. Several of which were against fellow relegation fodder.

No wonder TB pulled the trigger.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
:lolol: Salad days in 2018/19 - 3 points from the final 27 available. Several of which were against fellow relegation fodder.

No wonder TB pulled the trigger.

Quite a few will be hoping he pulls it again regardless of how many points we do or don’t get

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Quite a few will be hoping he pulls it again regardless of how many points we do or don’t get

GP has strengths and weaknesses, but I don’t see TB sacking him ever.

(I could be wrong, I didn’t see CH’s sacking coming).

Two reasons:
1. Potter’s style of management isn’t about spending and is collaborative with his bosses.

Saving TB fortunes. No Sebastien Haller’s!

2. I would hope that cerebral TB can very clearly see and admit to the weaknesses in the squad, and be committed to solving them this summer. If not, imho, more of the same …. a dearth of goals and wins.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Two reasons:
1. Potter’s style of management isn’t about spending and is collaborative with his bosses.

2. I would hope that cerebral TB can very clearly see and admit to the weaknesses in the squad, and be committed to solving them this summer. If not, imho, more of the same …. a dearth of goals and wins.

Not much night life at the resort? :D

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just another reminder that our PL adventure has been turgid for much of the past 5 seasons. We are always improving/creating these sorts of stats/records despite the rose-tints best efforts to tell us otherwise. Compared to any other club that’s lasted five seasons, we seem to be completely unremarkable although not when it comes to excuses. We are world class in this respect. Boring & Hove Albion. Play it safe. Play it backwards.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
To be fair to the players - they are largely on the beach now showing relativly little effort as they know we're safe. Not expecting the April stat to change anytime soon.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Soon we are going to be that team that everyone wants to go down because we don't really offer anything of interest to the league, except clean sheets to the opposition of course. We are the new West Brom/Stoke/Wigan of prem yesteryear and relegation will soon be inevitable unless TB does something to inject some real momentum into the squad.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Two reasons:

GPott gets the sack if Tony doesn't 'own' any of the squad deficiencies.

I find it hard to believe Tony is that bullish/arrogant.
Despite everything GPott could consider himself hard done by if he's out of work in 2022.

That said if we're still in the same predictable pattern with 2023 looming, he should be dusting off his CV.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
GPott gets the sack if Tony doesn't 'own' any of the squad deficiencies.

I find it hard to believe Tony is that bullish/arrogant.
Despite everything GPott could consider himself hard done by if he's out of work in 2022.

That said if we're still in the same predictable pattern with 2023 looming, he should be dusting off his CV.

…. unless TB carries on with his vision of trying to create a financial sustainable club and unwaveringly refuses to be drawn into paying the fees/wages required for goal scorers (bidding wars).

In other words, he’s fine with the results and lower half finishes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
…. unless TB carries on with his vision of trying to create a financial sustainable club and unwaveringly refuses to be drawn into paying the fees/wages required for goal scorers (bidding wars).

In other words, he’s fine with the results and lower half finishes.

It seems fairly clear the strategy is for the first team manager/coach to moneyball a young attacking midfielder into a striker.
Why else would we have so many?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here