Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Brighton & hove busses.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
I've just read that Brighton & hove have been given 27.9million £ to improve services.how would you improve bus services within the Brighton & hove area ?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
You are Ed Wills and I claim my £5 (you can pay me out of the £28 million)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I've just read that Brighton & hove have been given 27.9million £ to improve services.how would you improve bus services within the Brighton & hove area ?

Run more busses so you don't have to wait ages for one.

As always the simple solutions are the best.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
More electric buses, and more bus stops with boards with estimated waiting times.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Cheaper fares.

Oh, and more than a half-hourly service back to Lewes after evening games.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
B&H Buses are an absolute dream compared with the appallingly shoddy service we get in Worthing (from Stagecoach).

There are only a few stops that have departure boards and invariably they are wrong and they never get updated when a service is running late or cancelled.

B&H has onboard announcements for the next stop and tells you if the bus is stopping there. Stagecoach has nothing.

From the start of covid B&H buses had sanitiser. Stagecoach did nothing.

B&H buses and the drivers are generally clean and tidy. Stagecoach not so much.

I could go on. The B&H bus service is PL compared to Worthing which is hovering around County league. But its Stagecoach operating a monopoly; it's all about the profit.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Put a service on that goes north of Upper Shoreham road

Yes, change the routes. At the moment every bus crawls past Churchill Square and North Street. Some could go other routes, such as down New England Hill, Viaduct Road etc. Something which links the station to the sea front, the i360 and the King Alfred

Better maps on the bus stops so people are less likely to be spending 10 mins talking to the driver about where they need to get to

Other things, more for the council.

No taxis allowed in bus lanes and zones

Red lines where there can be no stopping at all

More bus routes to be car free areas :)

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
B&H Buses are an absolute dream compared with the appallingly shoddy service we get in Worthing (from Stagecoach).

There are only a few stops that have departure boards and invariably they are wrong and they never get updated when a service is running late or cancelled.

B&H has onboard announcements for the next stop and tells you if the bus is stopping there. Stagecoach has nothing.

From the start of covid B&H buses had sanitiser. Stagecoach did nothing.

B&H buses and the drivers are generally clean and tidy. Stagecoach not so much.

I could go on. The B&H bus service is PL compared to Worthing which is hovering around County league. But its Stagecoach operating a monopoly; it's all about the profit.

For us, the 700 Stagecoach bus is by far the best option from Shoreham to Brighton ... very direct route as opposed to B&H No. 2 bus which goes all over the place!

Stagecoach app works well for buying Day/Night Saver tickets and has live tracking data - so I wouldn't call the Stagecoach service shoddy ... and I say that as the father of a bus driver for B&H! If there was a B&H bus with a more direct route to Brighton I would use it however.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
I do believe b&hove bus company since covid have been looking at trailing new & different routes as of yet they haven't made any decisions.1 thing I would to like see brought back like they use to do a few years ago would be if a particular route got very busy or if a bus or 2 got cancelled would be to have relief buses on standby ready to go.

Jul 7, 2003
Yes, change the routes. At the moment every bus crawls past Churchill Square and North Street. Some could go other routes, such as down New England Hill, Viaduct Road etc. Something which links the station to the sea front, the i360 and the King Alfred

Most of those routes have not been changed for many years and don't really account for changes in things like shopping habits or the existence of the bypass.

For example, they could add some regular routes across the top of the city link using the by-pass to make it easier for people to get across from Mile Oak and Hangleton over to Hollingbury, Coldean and even the Uni / Amex. I'm sure that the retailers around ASDA would be happy to support that.

As you say, for tourists, there is no quick from the station to the seafront or along the seafront. A seasonal service from the Marina through to the King Alfred with an open top bus would probably be quite well used if reasonably priced.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Most of those routes have not been changed for many years and don't really account for changes in things like shopping habits or the existence of the bypass.

For example, they could add some regular routes across the top of the city link using the by-pass to make it easier for people to get across from Mile Oak and Hangleton over to Hollingbury, Coldean and even the Uni / Amex. I'm sure that the retailers around ASDA would be happy to support that.

As you say, for tourists, there is no quick from the station to the seafront or along the seafront. A seasonal service from the Marina through to the King Alfred with an open top bus would probably be quite well used if reasonably priced.
We used to have the 77 that went from the palace pier to the devil's dyke with limited stops .west street grand AVE king Alfred Sackville rd greyhound track but it wasn't used much but then again not many people new about it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here