Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sanchez to be sold for £20m ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just the continuation of DA influence whilst on gardening leave….oh no of course not, that would be gross misconduct so won’t be happening at all

Then again it could just be the start of Media transfer bollocks which is more likely

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just the continuation of DA influence whilst on gardening leave….oh no of course not, that would be gross misconduct so won’t be happening at all

Then again it could just be the start of Media transfer bollocks which is more likely

Other than a couple of errors recently he’s had an excellent season. I’d be astonished if he wasn’t lighting up transfer room keeper lights here and in Europe. I’d be surprised if Tony even opens the email for an offer less than £40m.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Depends if the player will want a move and what replacements we have up our goalkeeping jumper.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
We've seen repeatedly with the fans inflation of the value of our players how wrong we can be. We sold our form centreback for £13m to a rival, because he is a fan of the club.

We were turning our noses up at £30m+ for Lamptey when he was linked with Bayern and others, because he looked like a world beater at that time.

People were saying we should be getting £50m for Bissouma and he'll only go to a top club. Now we'd be lucky to get half that to go to a rival like Villa.

It's about supply and demand. Players need to maintain form to hold their value, and the right club with the need for that player, with the right manager who wants him, with the right owner with the available funds have to all click together at the same time. An injury and poor run of form later, his value has nosedived.

If Sanchez kicked up a stink and said he wanted to go to Newcastle, for a chance to win trophies and triple his wage, we'd sell. And it would be closer to £20m than £50m.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We've seen repeatedly with the fans inflation of the value of our players how wrong we can be. We sold our form centreback for £13m to a rival, because he is a fan of the club.

We were turning our noses up at £30m+ for Lamptey when he was linked with Bayern and others, because he looked like a world beater at that time.

People were saying we should be getting £50m for Bissouma and he'll only go to a top club. Now we'd be lucky to get half that to go to a rival like Villa.

It's about supply and demand. Players need to maintain form to hold their value, and the right club with the need for that player, with the right manager who wants him, with the right owner with the available funds have to all click together at the same time. An injury and poor run of form later, his value has nosedived.

If Sanchez kicked up a stink and said he wanted to go to Newcastle, for a chance to win trophies and triple his wage, we'd sell. And it would be closer to £20m than £50m.

Burn turns 30 at the end of this season and would have had 1 year left on his contract. 13m was a very good price and absolutely no-one had been inflating hs value to anything like that before Newcastle showed a bit of interest - in fact I'm sure there'd have been a queue of people offering to drive him there for 4-5m if the offer had come before he hit his purple patch in December. I'm sure we'll still get a decent fee for Bissouma with him being at the peak of his career and so many clubs with rich owners interested.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can a replacement be purchased for 20 million?
Yes, but for that money to get one of similar standard we'd be buying someone at the end of their career with no re-sale value.

Only Mug FC would sell Sanchez for a mere £20 million - and we are trying not to have a "being suckers" business model.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Other than a couple of errors recently he’s had an excellent season. I’d be astonished if he wasn’t lighting up transfer room keeper lights here and in Europe. I’d be surprised if Tony even opens the email for an offer less than £40m.

Despite everything written over the last few days, the thought that this is DA's using his knowledge to unearth Sanchez for Newcastle is probably the most laughable.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Burn turns 30 at the end of this season and would have had 1 year left on his contract. 13m was a very good price and absolutely no-one had been inflating hs value to anything like that before Newcastle showed a bit of interest - in fact I'm sure there'd have been a queue of people offering to drive him there for 4-5m if the offer had come before he hit his purple patch in December. I'm sure we'll still get a decent fee for Bissouma with him being at the peak of his career and so many clubs with rich owners interested.

May I offer an explanation of how things work round here?

1. Our player is shitehouse. The board is clueless.
2. Get rid.
3. Our player has a couple of decent games and other clubs take interest.
4. If the club lets our player go for less than (insert ludicrous sum) the board is useless.
5. Our player has a couple of poor games.
6. Get rid. The board is useless.
7. Rinse and repeat.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Not a chance. Bob has struggled at times this season but has the potential to be one of the very best. The club clearly see that. You can’t compare it to Burn. It’s more like White. IF he wants to leave and IF a richer team want him he’s going for serious money.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

2. Get rid.
4. If the club lets our player go for less than (insert ludicrous sum) the board is useless.
7. Rinse and repeat.

I'll make something explicit which is implied in here: NSC poster knows better than the board, the manager, the Director of Football, the brutality of football finance, pundits, other fans, etc

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

2. Get rid.
7. Rinse and repeat.

6.5 - the board should've taken (insert ludicrous sum, which was never offered in the first place) while they could

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here