Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Wetherspoons

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Everything tastes good when you're standing next to a piss stained alcoholic with a handful of cardboard discount tokens.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
When they say beer, I presume they're referring to mass produced chemical catalyst induced brown fizz ?

or 'crafty ale'

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
When they say beer, I presume they're referring to mass produced chemical catalyst induced brown fizz ?

or 'crafty ale'

No - twiggy bum water ales that all taste the same I think

Brother Sid

Jan 4, 2006
Horsham
Looking through the windows, punters getting stuck in to the beer selection at 11.15am this morning in the Six Golden Martlets in Burgess Hill. Looks like the cognoscenti don’t need a beer festival.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Looking through the windows, punters getting stuck in to the beer selection at 11.15am this morning in the Six Golden Martlets in Burgess Hill. Looks like the cognoscenti don’t need a beer festival.
Getting in early for Monday club [emoji4]

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

el punal

Everything tastes good when you're standing next to a piss stained alcoholic with a handful of cardboard discount tokens.

Yeah, sorry about that. I knew it was wrong to wear my white trousers - they tend to show up everything. I’ve now left them to soak in a bucket of White Lightning, they should be right as rain when I wring them out. :drink:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

or 'crafty ale'

proper ales. Wetherspoons has always promoted ales, CAMRA member. usually each pub has a range of local or regional ales, ranging from pales to stouts, from two or three breweries, have a proper tasting session. covid has reduced range in the one i go to, hopefully this'll see a return to broader range.

they also have range of lagers from across the world, particularly eastern europe (well aware of the irony), alongside some faux craft ales and standard keg fizz for the unadventerous. and a wide range of gins too for those inclined.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yeah, sorry about that. I knew it was wrong to wear my white trousers - they tend to show up everything. I’ve now left them to soak in a bucket of White Lightning, they should be right as rain when I wring them out. :drink:

:lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
proper ales. Wetherspoons has always promoted ales, CAMRA member. usually each pub has a range of local or regional ales, ranging from pales to stouts, from two or three breweries, have a proper tasting session. covid has reduced range in the one i go to, hopefully this'll see a return to broader range.

they also have range of lagers from across the world, particularly eastern europe (well aware of the irony), alongside some faux craft ales and standard keg fizz for the unadventerous. and a wide range of gins too for those inclined.

This, of course - but you have to remember that for those that shout very loudly about never reading the Daiy Mail, it is also mandatory to proclain their contempt for Weatherspoons (it supported B*****, doncha know). :wink:

Haven't been to a pub since Covid started two years ago, but have enjoyed many a good pint in Weatherspoons before that.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Whilst there are many sticks with which to beat Wetherspoons, this isn't one. Their turnover of beer is so massive that they couldn't possibly even get close with this fabled "nearly out of date" stock.

Agreed - and there isn't really a 'out of date' with keg beer. For an IPA or hoppy beer - you'll notice a drop off after 3-4 months if stored properly, but officially have a BBE of 12 months generally. Lagers probably 12 months or so and like you say no brewery has kegs sitting around for months on end waiting to be sold

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here