Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter tells Brighton fans: Stop shouting 'shoot'... it's putting off our players

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Doesn't actually say that though, does it?

Clickbait headline.

Article says: "The build-up suggests we’re getting there. Of course, the longer you go, you can hear the crowd, ‘shoot, shoot, shoot’, you know, and that sometimes is a challenge for the players."

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Everyone around me was shouting "Don't shoot" whenever certain players had the ball.

I can't believe a Premier league player would be influenced by people shouting from the crowd, don't they practice these things during the week?

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
We need a few hundred fans holding those large colorful made to British fire standard arrows behind the goal.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Maybe the headline of this thread should be changed as he didnt say that?

Everyone around me was shouting "Don't shoot" whenever certain players had the ball.

I can't believe a Premier league player would be influenced by people shouting from the crowd, don't they practice these things during the week?

Generally speaking I dont think they practice in front of 30k people no

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
“Because sometimes there’s an opportunity to shoot - sometimes it’s a chance for the block and then the transition. And sometimes maybe one more pass gets you in a better position but, if you miss the pass, you should have shot.

Is that really his attacking philosophy? Don't shoot because it might get blocked and there might be a better chance if you pass it one more time.

Ok, so Maupay has the ball on the edghe of the box, but he's under instruction not to shoot because another pass might be a better position, so he plays it on to Trossard. But he's not allowed to shoot because one mor pass might make better position. So he plays it off to Welbeck. Well his pass goes to Cucurella. To March. To Cucurella. To Welbeck, to trossard. To March. Each person passing it on because there might be a better chance if they make one more pass.

Suddenly our inability to score makes sense.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
“Because sometimes there’s an opportunity to shoot - sometimes it’s a chance for the block and then the transition. And sometimes maybe one more pass gets you in a better position but, if you miss the pass, you should have shot.

Is that really his attacking philosophy? Don't shoot because it might get blocked and there might be a better chance if you pass it one more time.

Ok, so Maupay has the ball on the edghe of the box, but he's under instruction not to shoot because another pass might be a better position, so he plays it on to Trossard. But he's not allowed to shoot because one mor pass might make better position. So he plays it off to Welbeck. Well his pass goes to Cucurella. To March. To Cucurella. To Welbeck, to trossard. To March. Each person passing it on because there might be a better chance if they make one more pass.

Suddenly our inability to score makes sense.

I think most managers, Potter included, would expect players to use common sense. Sadly often ours don't

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I don't know about 'shoot', but at the moment I'd like to get shot of our strikers.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Generally speaking I dont think they practice in front of 30k people no

No, but they play in front of them at least 38 plus times a year. Must be used to it by now.........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here