Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Thread for Union Saint Gilloise watchers: 2022/23, are Undav, Mitoma ready for the Prem?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ok, so USG will now definitely finish top of the Jupiler League table, and Undav, Mitoma have been key players. But are they ready for the Premier League?

Initially, I see Undav replacing Connolly in the matchday squad, and with the expansion to 5 subs and 9 on bench I see Mitoma there. However, I think Mitoma will get game time and push Trossard hard for his place. I also think he is already a better option than March offensively down the left.

As for Undav, I think he is a better aerial presence and better creator than Maupay. Undav does miss chances but he doesn't get down about it and keeps on going. He has also kept the USG ship on course during Vanzeir's injury lay-off.

If we are looking to help USG replace those 2 players then Khadra and Ferguson would be candidates. I think Koslowski would benefit from staying too.

Of the other USG players, I like Van Der Heyden in the LCB role.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We do have some prospective talent waiting to unleashed at some point in the future.
The likes of Moder and Lamptey will be the senior players to look up to.
So a positive future :)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Undav will definitely be part of the Brighton squad next season. Whether he will be good in the Premier League is anyones guess... Some, like Mitrovic, Carlos Bacca, Ivan Perisic and Lukaku went on to do some good stuff in better leagues. Others, like Jelle Vossen and Dieumerci Mbokani were less successful. If I would make a guess Undav wont be a world beater but a good addition capable of scoring somewhere around 10 goals.

Mitoma is also more likely than not to be in the Brighton squad though small chance he might go to Championship for half a season. Quick, technical and hard working but a little bit prone to giving the ball away easily which can be heavily punished. Struggle to see him starting a lot in his first PL year and rather be used as he has been for most of the time in USG, as an impact sub.

Think Kozlowski might stay with USG for another year. Van der Heyden as you mention is good and Nieuwkoop is also class and might finally develop into the Dutch national team player people expected him to become a few years ago. But if they end up in the Champions League I dont think TB will be too keen to sell all their key players.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Antwerp have slipped up.

USG go top of the play-off/mini league thing if they draw or win against Genk.

KO 17:30

Adingra starts!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here