Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Then I would say well done, an excellent season,

Would love to get above Saints and Palace,

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Will have to improve on scoring ONCE in the last seven games to achieve that... It's doable if we can start sticking the chances away but aint seeing signs of that ATM

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'd be delighted/surprised with any one of the following:

A win

A point

A goal

It doesn't look pretty......

BHA.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The problem with that is looking at the table now and seeing Wolves.

Obviously, despite not saying it at the time, (instead choosing to praise GPott to the hilt) the narrative has become we were in a false position then, because of budgets.

It'll still feel like a 'what might have been' season.

Yes 11th would be great and by every single metric an amazing success, but unless improved on next season, there will always be a 'that was the best it was ever going to be - and the club blew it' lingering doubt.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
11th would be excellent for those who like Brighton to do well whereas it would be "not 10th" for those who have egos that requires the club to be bad.

Realistically, with the fixtures left, 11th is not going to happen so its all a bit hypothetical.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
11th would be a successful season, but wont happen. Cant really see where another win is going to come from. Top 10 is something that is becoming so difficult to achieve. City, Chelsea, Liverpool, United, Spurs, and Arsenal are guaranteed to be top 10 even if they have a poor season. That leaves the likes of West Ham, Wolves, Leicester, Villa, and next seasons Newcastle fighting it out for the remaining spots. Usually you'd also have Everton in that mix as well. Those are all teams that massively outrank us in terms of spending power. For teams like us, Southampton & Palace a top 10 finish will now only happen if you have an exceptional season and 3 or more of the previously mentioned teams spend badly and underperform. Its getting to the point where all it would take is one more club to get a new mega rich owner and top 10 is basically impossible.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
In a parallel universe, we don't sell Ben White in the last Summer and things would have looked very different. Every time I see him charging around for Arsenal or England, I feel sad that we only got one season out of him (and that was behind closed doors).

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I am not sure what warrants a good season now after this abomination of a second half of the season, but i do know that it's the second season in a row where I can't wait for it to end, and I'm not sure that's how it should be really

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
11th would be a great season.

12th would be a great season.

13th would equal our highest ever league finish so would also have to be considered as a great season.

But we need the smiles back on the Amex faces as well. So the final total needs to contain a decent points haul from the home games vs Southampton, Man Utd and West Ham.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
In a parallel universe, we don't sell Ben White in the last Summer and things would have looked very different. Every time I see him charging around for Arsenal or England, I feel sad that we only got one season out of him (and that was behind closed doors).

Adam Webster is our "new" Ben White and we have missed him terribly in his long injury absence. He gives us far more options at the back and is the only player capable of bringing the ball out of defence.

Potter says he is very close to resuming training after his latest setback, let's hope he might be back for Arsenal next week.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
It’s a shame Webster was out for so many of the games we were perhaps favourites for. His defending is roughly equivalent to other options (not that we have many these days after selling Burn) but on the ball he is head and shoulders above the likes of Duffy and more positive/progressive than the tidy Veltman. I think he’d have made a bigger difference in those recent games than the next few.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here