Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Form that often gets a manager the sack

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Last 7 matches
P7 W0 D1 L6, 1 point from 21, goals scored 1 conceded 13 - that form often gets a manager the sack. I'm not saying it should but GP is a lucky guy.

Is it possible BHA won't score again at home this season?
Is it possible BHA won't win again at home this season?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes and Yes.

I see the Southampton game as crucial to get some of the Amex smiles back.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Last 7 matches
P7 W0 D1 L6, 1 point from 21, goals scored 1 conceded 13 - that form often gets a manager the sack. I'm not saying it should but GP is a lucky guy.

Is it possible BHA won't score again at home this season?
Is it possible BHA won't win again at home this season?

If we don’t win again this season, which is possible, should Potter be sacked ?

I’m starting to worry to be honest.

I just don’t know, what the answer should be or to be honest how I feel, I’m still numb after getting back.
Norwich we’re clearly the worst team we have played, is it Maupay & Wellbeck is it the Midfield, is it Potter….

I really am disappointed with it all.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Over 8hrs (of play) since we scored at the Amex.

Potter won’t be sacked. He’s unsackable. As results show. What a job to have!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yup there are some lucky guys in the PL like Hassenhuttl, Dyche and Potter was their teams always has a couple of poor runs of results over a season.

Strangely enough, not sacking the manager whenever it looks gloomy appears to be working for these clubs as they are staying up despite their budgets saying they may well go down.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
If you take away the first five games of the season we would have 24 points from 34 games , that is relegation form , only 2 home wins since September, it is just not very good and very worrying

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Over 8hrs (of play) since we scored at the Amex.

He is not unsackable but luckily we don’t have an owner that panics.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Sacking Potter now wouldn’t be panic, as we’re almost certainly staying up. That’s about as unsackable as football gets. Especially with Potters not so recent form. 8 games is quite a lot at this level in this league to go without a win and hardly a goal. GP can we grateful for such an owner, and his excellent start to the season.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
If you take away the first five games of the season we would have 24 points from 34 games , that is relegation form , only 2 home wins since September, it is just not very good and very worrying
It's only a matter of time before he goes top wack 6 months

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
If he hadn't had an unexpected good start to the season, he would be toast by now.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If he hadn't had an unexpected good start to the season, he would be toast by now.

That's true but you can't start taking those wins away from the the guy just because things aren't going well at the moment. Although I think it was all the draws that he ground out with late goals that have helped alleviate any pressure on him. The points haul at this stage in the season is well above expectation.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Sacking Potter now wouldn’t be panic, as we’re almost certainly staying up. That’s about as unsackable as football gets. Especially with Potters not so recent form. 8 games is quite a lot at this level in this league to go without a win and hardly a goal. GP can we grateful for such an owner, and his excellent start to the season.

That same owner was not that patient with CH. Did the owner change or did the style of the manager change or the quality of "CERTAIN" players?

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Many fans never go away. 3 from 16 home wins will make many floating fans think do I wanna return (and as a STH). A win against Southampton is vital.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He’s had 3 or 4 periods of form that would usually result in a manger getting sacked. This current run and this season’s overall stats are horrific, we’re disgustingly poor at home and it’s never really changed under his stewardship. I personally wouldn’t want to see him sacked, but I have no issue with those who do as the football/results and overall output simply isn’t good enough to justify keeping his job. I do believe if Potter was actually provided with a fully loaded squad then he’d be a roaring success, sadly he likes a small squad which really has bitten him in the ass this season, we’re also not the club that’s going to assemble a highly talented squad as it’s going to be a continuous conveyor belt of academy>first team>sold.

Agree on the probabilities of your first sentence here. But your second sentence doesn’t follow at all. Say we don’t win another match this season, which is possible as we play just one team below us in the table and it’s away. I think then it becomes a much finer call.

I think like all of us, I don’t have a 100% convincing explanation why the two halves of the season have been so different. Dan Burn who didn’t start in one of our wins until December 26th doesn’t seem to me a convincing explanation. But in the similar lopsided Hughton second PL season, most settled on the explanation that his methods had been worked out by other teams

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That's true but you can't start taking those wins away from the the guy just because things aren't going well at the moment. Although I think it was all the draws that he ground out with late goals that have helped alleviate any pressure on him. The points haul at this stage in the season is well above expectation.

Yes, it certainly was.

Eight games ago ........................

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

We probably have an owner that realises he’s got a bit more than his money has paid for, but that isn’t at all comforting for fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here