Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Norwich and Watford No, but Burnley and Everton...

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Looks like norwich and watford looked doomed and no chance of catching us

But... Burnley and Everton have decent amount of games in hand now and both look to have much easier games to go

Everton could catch us of they win their 3 and by then would probably have better GD.

Leeds and Brentford look like they have enough bottle for when it matters

Burnley always seem to find a way out of a mess

Where does it leave the mighty BHA? Is 34 points enough as can't see many more adding to the board (maybe a draw v Saints?)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looks like norwich and watford looked doomed and no chance of catching us

But... Burnley and Everton have decent amount of games in hand now and both look to have much easier games to go

Everton could catch us of they win their 3 and by then would probably have better GD.

Leeds and Brentford look like they have enough bottle for when it matters

Burnley always seem to find a way out of a mess

Where does it leave the mighty BHA? Is 34 points enough as can't see many more adding to the board (maybe a draw v Saints?)

Lump on at the 100/1 you can still get on us if you’re genuinely worried :shrug:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Southampton , wolves and Leeds will have nothing to play for by the time we play them. Possibly west ham last game as well.

Think we are ok. But form has not been acceptable this year.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Burnley need 4 wins and a draw to catch us from their 10 games - if we don't get another point.

If we don't get another point this season then we will have got 1 point out of the last 45 possible points - and quite frankly will deserve to go down.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Burnley play Everton on Wednesday in what looks like a massive 6 pointer.

It’s possible that one of the two might reach 34 points, but I’d be very surprised if the they both did from this position. I’d be just as surprised if we didn’t scrape together at least a point or two more from our next 8.

100-1 is probably a bit short to be honest.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Burnley need 4 wins and a draw to catch us from their 10 games - if we don't get another point.

If we don't get another point this season then we will have got 1 point out of the last 45 possible points - and quite frankly will deserve to go down.

Teams averaging about 0.6 points per game don't all of a sudden start averaging 1.6 points per game in the last 10 matches.

Brighton are safe this season. They should use the final 10 games to try new and different tactics and players. You don't often get a free hit like this in the PL to try new things.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Teams averaging about 0.6 points per game don't all of a sudden start averaging 1.6 points per game in the last 10 matches.

Brighton are safe this season. They should use the final 10 games to try new and different tactics and players. You don't often get a free hit like this in the PL to try new things.

Agreed, we can't get any worse.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I think we have been, it’s subtle sometimes, but yesterday was different in midfield than it has been in terms of how Gross, MacA, Trossard, March and Welbeck operated. That’s Welbeck’s first start with Maupay in quite a while. We experimented a bit with a 3 with Duffy-Dunk-Veltman, but that just wasn’t working. We’ve had Trossard playing in behind Maupay, yesterday was a bit closer to a 4-4-2 than I’ve seen us play for a while. Sariamento has just come back from injury, will be good to see him get some chances.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Behave.

No way we are going down. The excellent form in the first half of the season from GPott and the boys has seen to that.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think we have been, it’s subtle sometimes, but yesterday was different in midfield than it has been in terms of how Gross, MacA, Trossard, March and Welbeck operated. That’s Welbeck’s first start with Maupay in quite a while. We experimented a bit with a 3 with Duffy-Dunk-Veltman, but that just wasn’t working. We’ve had Trossard playing in behind Maupay, yesterday was a bit closer to a 4-4-2 than I’ve seen us play for a while. Sariamento has just come back from injury, will be good to see him get some chances.

An often injured Wellbeck isn't the future of the team.

The 3 defenders at the back would be a good thing against teams like Man City. Say to them. OK come and break us down. Sit in and then play long balls out for Maupay to chase down. Their defence sits virtually on the halfway line.

Do your homework on the other side and do what they don't want you to do. Guardiola loves it if teams open up against them.

Playing your own game is great but mixing it up based on what you know about the opposing players plays a part too. You might not get this option next year.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
West Ham is obviously a good result for us, Spuds giving a lesson to Newcastle will salvage a poor weekend...

EDIT. Spuds giving them a lesson, would love them to go down but sadly they will cling on.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Behave.

No way we are going down. The excellent form in the first half of the season from GPott and the boys has seen to that.

I’d like to see the idiots bringing up the possibility of us going down putting their money where their stupid mouths are!

Let them remortgage their houses and put thousands of their hard earned on us going down, they’d be overnight millionaires if we did face the drop. They could lord it over us sensible fans for years, or, they could lose at lot of money!

Fingers crossed they make that call to the bookies with all their life savings stuffed in a suitcase, ready for them to lose whilst we all laugh!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Burnley have got an outside chance of passing us, maybe 100/1.

But Everton? Christ.

Can any doom monger NSCer explain where they are going to get the 9 points to catch us from?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I’d like to see the idiots bringing up the possibility of us going down putting their money where their stupid mouths are!

Let them remortgage their houses and put thousands of their hard earned on us going down, they’d be overnight millionaires if we did face the drop. They could lord it over us sensible fans for years, or, they could lose at lot of money!

Fingers crossed they make that call to the bookies with all their life savings stuffed in a suitcase, ready for them to lose whilst we all laugh!

I think that it’s the natural pessimism of the football fan that makes people think that we could not get another point from our next 8 games, whereas a team 9 points and 13 points below us are BOTH going to get the results needed to catch our current total.

We all suffer from it. We could be 2-0 up with the 4th official showing 4 mins stoppage time and I won’t relax until at least 3 mins have elapsed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here