Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] penalties

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
anyone else absolutely certain that neal would miss that? maybe I spoke it into existence, but it was almost worrying how convinced I was that the pen wasn't going in. that's his 3rd miss out of 8 taken for us. that's a 37.5% success rate when the average chance of a penalty being scored is around 80%. in other news, it'll be 7 years this summer since we last signed a player who was a competent penalty taker.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
anyone else absolutely certain that neal would miss that? maybe I spoke it into existence, but it was almost worrying how convinced I was that the pen wasn't going in. that's his 3rd miss out of 8 taken for us. that's a 37.5% success rate when the average chance of a penalty being scored is around 80%. in other news, it'll be 7 years this summer since we last signed a player who was a competent penalty taker.

Nope
Called it as well when the fella in front said about forgetting how we celebrate a goal
Said not to worry he ll miss

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Gross back on the next one to miss... ....a d repeat

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
This has been done to death

I can take better penalities than MAupay

Mac Allister should take them.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I was not confident whoever was going to take it. The only players I have felt confident to score, in the Amex era, was Murray and Hemed.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina

He also missed in the shootouts again Newport and Leicester. He is the worst penalty taker I’ve ever seen.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
We really need to do the thing a few teams do where someone pretends to be the penalty taker, stands up there with the ball and lets the goalie psych them and just before the pen they hand the ball over to whoever is really taking it. Krul got in Neal’s head and it was all over.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
This is the one area I do lay blame at Potters door. We all new Maupay would probably miss, he missed his last one for us alongside multiple others.

Trossard and Mac Alistair scored there recent penalties and should have taken them.

It’s like with Gross against Palace. Potter is choosing the wrong taker and that is his fault.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020

Then it's a 37.5% failure rate, not success rate.

His success rate is 62.5%, not good but way better than the incorrect maths you presented.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Then it's a 37.5% failure rate, not success rate.

His success rate is 62.5%, not good but way better than the incorrect maths you presented.

sorry. only got a c.

edit: yeah I really don't understand maths. I'm not sure if numbers dyslexia is a thing, but if it is, that's me

Last edited:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I would have gone for Brian Horton. Even just brought him on as a substitute to take one in his 60's and take him off again.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Big Bob Sanchez to take penalties.

1. He's got the temperament.
2. Penalty taking GKs screams south American flair.
3. No groans when he misses as we're all panicked by the empty goal.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
sorry. only got a c. explain this to me though, cause maths isn't my strong point. he's scored 3/8. which is 37.5%. so 37.5% have been scored. isn't that the success rate? surely if he had a 62.5% success rate he'd have scored more than 4, which is 50% of 8

You said

So, which is it?

If he has scored 3 out of 8 it is a 37.5% conversion rate.
If he has missed 3 out of 8 it is a 62.5% conversion rate.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

100%

Why select a player who can’t score when he has time on his hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I would not have confidence with any Albion player to score a penalty at the moment - it's just the way it is at the moment.

Maupay went to pieces after that and should have been subbed earlier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here