Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] One point gained or two points dropped.......

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Imagine throwing a bag of cement off a tower block. Now think of that bag of cement as the 2 more points we should have got from that match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Many points early in the season means this point may insure premier league survival again.

Unlucky not to win yes, but some players will have to leave and be replaced for forward momentum next season IMO

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
But 0 - 0 was the most predictable score in the entire league today. Why is anybody surprised?

Indeed. My wife asked who we were playing this morning. My response was along the lines of 'we've lost six in a row, so have they - neither team score. So it will be 0-0'.

Many points early in the season means this point may insure premier league survival again.

Unlucky not to win yes, but some players will have to leave and be replaced for forward momentum next season IMO

We can hope that’s the reason and it’s not just the slow possession playing style gradually getting found out. I guess it will be up to Bloom to decide if he wants to splurge big on new signings or require the manager to get more out of the ones we have

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Two dropped, without question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Two dropped.

That said, a loss would have been absolutely horrible stuff so its partially a point gained as well.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Two dropped but at least we’re not in Norwich’s situation. About the only positive I can find (except Ali Mac looked good again in his role).

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
On the one hand two points dropped.

On the other hand:
After a run of defeats, we didn’t lose.
Their keeper was MOTM.
The stats on shots etc were well in our favour.

I felt for Maupay after the penalty miss, and Krul should have been booked.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
“The stats on shots etc were well in our favour. ”

That’s the whole point.. By all accounts we outplayed them , had loads of shots on goal including a penalty kick.. But we failed to score...
I am sure the players know how to strike a ball , they no doubt do it fine in training but in front of 30,000 people that is a different matter. However is not that a basic requirement of a pro footballer, that you control your emotions and not freeze up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here