Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Thanks..for nothing.. unhelpful responses to questions

Something different ...
Recently I've had two wtf moments to responses to my questions and wonder if I'm being over sensitive or this is common .

Firstly was visiting a friend in Shoreham but didn't know the area and was slightly lost. Phone battery was flat so asked a man in the street if he knew where my destination road was..his reply was word for for.."go to the end of this street, turn left, knock on the door of number 32. Ask him, he's a bloody know it all and should tell you"!!!

Later in the day, house found, I needed to get some stamps.found a local newsagents but several people in front of me and queue not moving. Trying not to appear rude but not wanting to wait forever I called out to the girl on the counter "excuse me"..she interrupts "please be patient"..I responded," sorry I just want to know if you sell stamps". "Yes" she replied so I thanked her and waited like 15 minutes whilst the queue in front of me seemed to be buying the worlds supply of lottery tickets.. finally get to be served and asked aforementioned girl for a book of first class stamps or however many they can spare. She comes back with "we don't have any ' and I'm like "but you just said you had some when I asked" and she's back at me with "No, you asked me if we sell stamps, which we do, we just haven't got any at the moment!"... Wtf!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm glad it's not just me [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Something different ...
Recently I've had two wtf moments to responses to my questions and wonder if I'm being over sensitive or this is common .

Firstly was visiting a friend in Shoreham but didn't know the area and was slightly lost. Phone battery was flat so asked a man in the street if he knew where my destination road was..his reply was word for for.."go to the end of this street, turn left, knock on the door of number 32. Ask him, he's a bloody know it all and should tell you"!!!

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
First scenario is excellent advice, hope you knocked?

On Thursday I was on Oxford Street and approached by some sort of preacher. After his ramble I told him I was an atheist to which he replied “you’re going to hell” not sure if we were equally helpful to each other to be honest

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Something different ...

Later in the day, house found, I needed to get some stamps.found a local newsagents but several people in front of me and queue not moving. Trying not to appear rude but not wanting to wait forever I called out to the girl on the counter "excuse me"..she interrupts "please be patient"..I responded," sorry I just want to know if you sell stamps". "Yes" she replied so I thanked her and waited like 15 minutes whilst the queue in front of me seemed to be buying the worlds supply of lottery tickets.. finally get to be served and asked aforementioned girl for a book of first class stamps or however many they can spare. She comes back with "we don't have any ' and I'm like "but you just said you had some when I asked" and she's back at me with "No, you asked me if we sell stamps, which we do, we just haven't got any at the moment!"... Wtf!

That stamp response is brilliant. I laughed out loudly. Maybe we need a "Bell cheeses in shops" thread.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The girl behind the counter must have been watching in the queue thinking 'he's getting closer'

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Something different ...

Tremendous :clap2:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
See the FAQs on any Government, NGO or utilitiy company's website! See also the automated response to a phone call (if you are clever/lucky enough to find a phone number) - "Did you know you can find many of the answers to your questions on our website www ..................?"

Bah! (Full scale rant available!)

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
See the FAQs on any Government, NGO or utilitiy company's website! See also the automated response to a phone call (if you are clever/lucky enough to find a phone number) - "Did you know you can find many of the answers to your questions on our website www ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,?"

Bah! (Full scale rant available!)

Tell me about it. We have been in a nightmare situation since last September. We were on holiday for the first two weeks, so not checking emails only to find someone had messed up meter numbers and our gas (just gas) had been erroneously transferred.
We contacted the new company who blamed our broker! We don't have a broker, and the new company only supplies commercial gas. They admitted it and gave us an erroneous transfer ID. Seemingly it takes 12 weeks to sort out.
In the meantime, our proper supplier went bust, and we were transferred to the company Ofgem chose for us. The ER (can't be bothered to type it all again) was on hold.

New company says wait until we issue you with an account number, then we can take over your gas as well.
January we get a new account number for leccy, and new company say send us the details of the ER. We did attaching, all the relevant emails back to September.

March (remembering that ER takes 12 weeks to sort out) I ask if there's any progress. Oh, it's nothing to do with us because you should contact the Commercial company whose ER it is.

Three weeks later, I contacted Ofgem who said contact the new company. By this time I am screaming for a policeman, and contact CAB.

Finally, on Thursday, got a phone call from a caseworker at the CAB Special Unit, who is going to throw the book at the energy companies to sort this out. Meter readings logged each month back to September and account in credit because we didn't alter the DD.

Many hours of waiting on the phone to be told use FAQs and having people hang up on me.

Rant over. :rant::rant::rant:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Something different ...

It’s not you! Both parties you were unfortunate enough to meet deserve a slap.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
OP is being touchy, both are top banter :lolol:

Come on, you’d have to laugh when you’d calmed down

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Something different ...

I'm not sure if I was supposed to laugh or go Victor Meldrew. In the end I did both.

I love the girl's technicality buy out line.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Me: 'I want to chase up the money you owe me. I had a letter from you stating you had the documentation you need'

Operator: 'I have no record of that. Can you write into us ?'

Me: 'So you are asking me to write a letter to you about the letter you sent to me that will confirm details that you have already written to me about to say you know'

Operator: 'I'll get my team to look into it..'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here