Date: Saturday 2nd April 2022
Kick-off: 15:00 BST
Referee: Simon Hooper
Assistants: Scott Ledger, Derek Eaton
Fourth Official: Thomas Bramall
VAR: Kevin Friend
Additional VAR: Simon Beck

TEAM NEWS

Brighton & Hove Albion boss Graham Potter expects Robert Sanchez and Tariq Lamptey to be available despite both withdrawing from international duty.

The Seagulls will assess Alexis Mac Allister, who was forced off by a bad tackle in Argentina's draw in Ecuador.

Adam Lallana is back in training but not ready to play, while Adam Webster and Moises Caicedo are also ruled out.

Norwich are without Ozan Kabak, who suffered a potentially serious hamstring injury playing for Turkey.

The Canaries will monitor Josh Sargent's ankle problem.

This game comes too soon for Brandon Williams, while Max Aarons is likely to miss out after suffering a hamstring issue against Leeds.

Christoph Zimmermann and Grant Hanley are back in contention after missing the defeat at Elland Road, while Adam Idah and Andrew Omobamidele are long-term absentees.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Norwich have failed to score in all three of their Premier League meetings with Brighton, losing two of those fixtures.
    [*=left]The Canaries have lost their last two games at the Amex Stadium, conceding seven goals and scoring none. Prior to that, they had won four successive league matches away to Brighton.
    [*=left]This will be the third match in Premier League history between two sides who came into the fixture having lost six or more consecutive top-flight games. It also happened last season, when Sheffield United drew 1-1 with Fulham.
Albion

• [*=left]The Seagulls have lost their previous six top-flight matches, scoring just once in that run.
    [*=left]They have not lost seven consecutive league games since a 12-match streak in the second tier in 2002.
    [*=left]Graham Potter's side have been beaten in each of their last four home league fixtures, conceding nine unanswered goals - it equals the club's longest losing streak at home in the top flight (set in October and November 1980).
    [*=left]The Sussex club have won only one of their last 12 Premier League home games (D5, L6) - a 2-0 victory against Brentford on Boxing Day.
    [*=left]Neal Maupay is one short of becoming Brighton's outright top scorer in the Premier League. His current total of 26 matches Glenn Murray's haul for the Seagulls.
Norwich

• [*=left]Norwich are the first Premier League club to lose six consecutive fixtures on three separate occasions within a single season.
    [*=left]The Canaries have scored 18 Premier League goals this term, fewer than any other side.
    [*=left]Their expected goals total (27), shots-per-game rate (9.8) and shot conversion rate (6.3%) are also league lows.
    [*=left]The Norfolk side have conceded a league-high 16 goals in the final 15 minutes of matches this season.

Graham Potter's Norwich Press Conference

[tweet]1510240730056380423[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1510240730056380423

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ref - Hooper, VAR - Friend.
How marvellous!

My very first thought too :lolol:

This has the potential to be a nervous, don't lose war of attrition given both sides losing runs but there's a part of me that does remember the stuffing we handed them in The Championship and hoping for that again. First goal (if there is one) will be crucial.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

This has the potential to be a nervous, don't lose war of attrition given both sides losing runs but there's a part of me that does remember the stuffing we handed them in The Championship and hoping for that again. First goal (if there is one) will be crucial.

Were loose. 0-1.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I think collectively - and we all agree on this - we have resigned ourselves to a defeat today. Most of us (myself included) will feel very glum about how Potter's tenure ended, but at this stage it's untenable.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

What is this "goal" of which you speak?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think collectively - and we all agree on this - we have resigned ourselves to a defeat today. Most of us (myself included) will feel very glum about how Potter's tenure ended, but at this stage it's untenable.

Whilst I am not gung ho confident I have certainly not resigned myself to a defeat today.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
We simply must win this game. Anything else against this dog shit Norwich team would be embarrassing

I have a feeling that somewhere in Norfolk a Norwich fan is saying exactly the same about us …..

Truth be told , we don’t know. The Albion team of early season would deliver a victory. The timid , careless players we saw before the break would struggle against anyone. Which will it be? I will know by 5pm .

They have had a break, some are buoyed by World Cup qualification , others disappointed. Whatever….. let’s hope they’ve got their mojo back. Whatever happens, it is still :albion2:

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta

I don't agree with what 'we all agree' with or anything else in that post.

D

Deleted member 2719

Lets get our expectation right, for this match .......

1) We have no divine right to win it, yes it's at home to the bottom team, but form is we have both lost many on the trott.

2) Who needs the win most.......they do

Could be nervy for our lads, because of how YOU act to things on the pitch, deep breaths and be patient lads and lasses and get vocally right behind the lads.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lets get our expectation right, for this match .......

1) We have no divine right to win it, yes it's at home to the bottom team, but form is we have both lost many on the trott.

2) Who needs the win most.......they do

Could be nervy for our lads, becausee of How YOU act to things on the pitch, deep breaths and be patient lads and lasses and get vocally right behind the lads.

Wise words. Loud support will be far more beneficial than groans for the first misplaced pass and nervous silence when there is nothing exciting going on. I know which I’m going for unless we score very early. Go a goal down and it could turn very toxic imo. This could be a hold the nerve game with little quality on display.

COME ON the Albion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here