Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Weller - Brighton Centre - Saturday 2nd

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I had a ticket for the original gig back in 2020 which was postponed due to full on lockdown. When the new date was announced I obtained a refund as I was away on holiday. Of course, that gig got cancelled too!

So the rearranged rearranged gig is this Saturday. I've left it last minute as wasn't sure what to do because of Omicron etc ... and being in a crowded space ... but I ended up getting Covid anyway - now fully recovered! Looked a couple of days ago and there were tickets left ... just checked again before heading into Brighton to visit the Box Office (I hate paying Ticketmaster fees etc) ... to find no standing tickets and only a few tickets on east and west balcony available which I don't want to do :facepalm:

Just got through on the phone and they've confirmed that's the case. They suggested ticket resale sites but warned against viagogo - which was the site I had found one ticket ... so I won't go there!!

So ... I don't supposed any NSC Weller fans have a standing ticket and can't make it ? :rock:

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Went to The Jam at old Crawley Leisure Centre (i.e. not the new K2). Great gig can still recall. They messed up big time at the venue the centre was open to no gig goers and people were passing on tickets to mates in the toilets and the place was well over crowded. Obviously security has move don since then. Jam walked off after about suppose about 45 ins it was less than the hour minimum expected anyway a riot broke out the place was well smashed up and the police kettled fans afterwards outside. Thankfully seen Weller and Co. in more pleasant time since at the Brighton Centre. Anyone going hope its a great night out at he still has that fine tuned voice.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Jam.jpg

All gone mad I tell you.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
It has gone mad. Anyone remember Jenkinsons on the seafront where the cinema is now? I m sure the price of seeing a band that had typically just charted was about the price of 2 pints, not much more. That price has obviously gone up massive in todays money.

Used to to Jenkinsons on a Sunday evening when I was on the dole so must have been peanuts to get in

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Went to The Jam at old Crawley Leisure Centre (i.e. not the new K2). Great gig can still recall. They messed up big time at the venue the centre was open to no gig goers and people were passing on tickets to mates in the toilets and the place was well over crowded. Obviously security has move don since then. Jam walked off after about suppose about 45 ins it was less than the hour minimum expected anyway a riot broke out the place was well smashed up and the police kettled fans afterwards outside. Thankfully seen Weller and Co. in more pleasant time since at the Brighton Centre. Anyone going hope its a great night out at he still has that fine tuned voice.

I first saw The Jam in 1977 ... only saw them around 4/5 times as I was a young lad and didn't travel any further than my local venue.

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen Weller (solo) - but must be at least 50. I put a list together of all the different venues I've seen him at and got to 23!!

Victoria Park
Hyde Park
Royal Albert Hall
Brixton Academy
Shepherd's Bush Empire
The Forum, London
Alexander Palace
Earls Court
Hammersmith Odeon
BBC Studios - recording of Later with Jools Holland (Weller Special) - Days of Speed period
BBC Radio Studios - to watch show recorded for Radio 2
Amsterdam
Bournemouth International Centre
Poole
Brighton Centre
Brighton Dome
Fairfield Halls, Croydon
Crawley
Southampton
Oxford
Reading
Guildford
Royal Festival Hall

But haven't seen him at Brighton since February 2018 and last time was Royal Festival Hall in October 2018 - with full orchestra and conductor.

papa_stew

Sep 22, 2007
Nice - I kept that one too (and just had to include The Clash to show only a 50p increase from '79 to '82)

tix.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here