Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The ELO Experience.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Buxton Opera House a small tight little theatre and capacity around 980 over four levels can create a superb atmosphere. We seen cover bands R of Fmac and Sounds of Springsteen both very good there September offering is The ELO Experience fancy it myself but don't know enough about them and before i do a Google what NSC members have seen them ? :rock::bigwave:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Buxton Opera House a small tight little theatre and capacity around 980 over four levels can create a superb atmosphere. We seen cover bands R of Fmac and Sounds of Springsteen both very good there September offering is The ELO Experience fancy it myself but don't know enough about them and before i do a Google what NSC members have seen them ? :rock::bigwave:
I saw them a couple of times to fill the gap until Jeff Lynne came back again.
They are very true to the studio sound and were worth seeing.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BBC Weekdays, 17.15 nothing changes from the OP

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I absolutely love Buxton Opera house.

I’ve seen Lloyd Cole there (pretty much his home town) and Adam Kay.

Great hotel just across the road and a very pleasant town centre.

Highly recommended.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Friends saw the show at the Theatre Royal in Brighton when they came visiting a month or two ago. Really loved it apparantly.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Friends saw the show at the Theatre Royal in Brighton when they came visiting a month or two ago. Really loved it apparantly.

I didn't realise they'd played played there, recently, or I would have gone. :facepalm:

We had tix for the real ELO (good seats, too), but due to Covid, they decided to cancel the gig, rather than reschedule, which was a bummer.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I didn't realise they'd played played there, recently, or I would have gone. :facepalm:

We had tix for the real ELO (good seats, too), but due to Covid, they decided to cancel the gig, rather than reschedule, which was a bummer.

Oh nooo! You missed out twice then. Certainly Jeff and the boys play very rarely now, so that must have been a real shame.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Oh nooo! You missed out twice then. Certainly Jeff and the boys play very rarely now, so that must have been a real shame.

It was indeed - it was the first time I'd managed to get tix when they went on sale, and I refuse to pay silly prices on secondary sites. No idea why they cancelled, rather than postpone/reschedule, as was really looking forward to seeing them.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The ELO Experience have been around a while and have a bit of a cult following. We’ve seen them two or three times and would go again but for us still having a problem with crowds. They really are a quite exceptional cover band. I guarantee that you would enjoy the gig if you like the original.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
It was indeed - it was the first time I'd managed to get tix when they went on sale, and I refuse to pay silly prices on secondary sites. No idea why they cancelled, rather than postpone/reschedule, as was really looking forward to seeing them.

Jeff Lynne is 74 now and always preferred the studio to touring.
My guess is that he'll wait until the pandemic is mostly finished before thinking about touring again.
I was lucky enough to see the original ELO twice in 1981 and Jeff Lynne's ELO in Dublin and Manchester.
I have also seen ELO part II wity Kelly Groucutt as lead singer in Eastbourne.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I saw these guys & girls recently in Brighton.

Absolutely fantastic! Eight of them thoroughly enjoying what they do to an exceptional level.

After 30 seconds I knew that the missus and myself were in for a cracking evening.

Seriously great musicians within their own right, yet they unite together with absolute fun and enjoyment as a group.

If you get the chance, go see this lot, you won't regret it.

They sound more like ELO than ELO..........

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
ELO were the first band I followed as a kid in the 70s. Last time I saw them was at the O2 the same day we were away at Charlton (the ‘get Roland out’ game). Parked at the O2, walked to Charlton for the demo and game, then back to the O2 for the gig……took junior who was an aspiring musician at the time. Brilliant show.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here