Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Bruce Willis retiring

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Diagnosed with aphasia and retiring from acting.

Underrated actor, I love Moonlighting and thought he was usually very good in movies even when the movies themselves sucked (and there was a fair bit of those).

Not to mention his dirty good music..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2zk56DDjGc

... or something.

Anyway, always a bit sad when people have to stop doing what they're doing because of some disorder.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

Underrated actor, I love Moonlighting and thought he was usually very good in movies even when the movies themselves sucked (and there was a fair bit of those).

... or something.

Anyway, always a bit sad when people have to stop doing what they're doing because of some disorder.

Blimey, I agree with your whole post. :eek:

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014

... or something.

Especially when they're younger than me,just.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just read up on the difference between aphasia (Brucie) and apraxia (Kammy). Looks like a variety of different causes that result in damage in different parts of the brain. Best wishes to the pair of them.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
An extremely likeable actor. Hoping his health stays as good as possible

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Always like watching Bruce. My Mum has Aphasia and now can't speak at all (in addition to dementia) and it's a horrible disease so full sympathy to Bruce especially as this impacts so badly on his job.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

... or something.

Is this your second account @%1; ?

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
I thought this was going to be an [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] thread when I read the OP had to check who started it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Seems like a good guy, a very likeable actor who has entertained me immensely down the years. Effortless charisma with an everyman charm, a very decent actor indeed. Its so sad when you get to this stage of life, and the icons you grew up with and enjoyed start to faulter.

Kamara is another sad one. I know its not quite the same affliction, but I'd noticed some time ago on Soccer Saturday that he seemed to be slowing down and sometimes slurring on his live reports. Then another week he'd be fine, but it was noticable on his 'bad days' that he wasn't quite on it.

Growing old can be proper shit.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Pulp Fiction is still my favourite film of all time and Butch is a fantastic character fantastically played by Bruce.

I never had any time for him or John Travolta before that movie. After it nothing but respect.

Sad that he has a shitty disease :(

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pulp Fiction is still my favourite film of all time and Butch is a fantastic character fantastically played by Bruce.

I never had any time for him or John Travolta before that movie. After it nothing but respect.

Sad that he has a shitty disease :(

"I'm sorry baby, I had to crash that Honda"

Pulp Fiction will never leave my top 5. Its still the only movie I can tune into at ANY point if I'm flicking, and end up watching it till the end.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Seems like a good guy, a very likeable actor who has entertained me immensely down the years. Effortless charisma with an everyman charm, a very decent actor indeed.

This.

By no means a 'classic' actor, but I always enjoyed the way he portrayed his given roles, and the warmth/humour he managed to bring to them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm surprised he wasn't in a western. Did he ever do a western ?

I really like westerns.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here