Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Nick Kyrgios

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Fantastic tennis player, bit of a loose cannon. The sport is better for having characters but Carlos Alcaraz is the future of tennis.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
No doubting he’s a bit of a prick, but there’s something I quite like about his style. In a world of sport and in particular tennis, where the way people act and speak is so polished and manufactured, it’s nice to see someone prepared to be themselves.

Even if his natural personality is, as you put it, a bit prickish.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Is there a bigger prick in sport?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/60921399

And this is just a week or two after throwing his racquet in Indian Wells when it nearly hit a ball boy. I am struggling to think of a bigger prick in sport right now with his pathetic tantrums. I bet he supports Palace.

Maybe professionally, but there is one of those in every squash club I've ever played in!! :lolol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No doubting he’s a bit of a prick, but there’s something I quite like about his style. In a world of sport and in particular tennis, where the way people act and speak is so polished and manufactured, it’s nice to see someone prepared to be themselves.

Even if his natural personality is, as you put it, a bit prickish.

I used to watch quite a bit of tennis, but in recent years found it a bit predictable and boring. He is one player I would tune in to watch though. He can't be any worse than PL footballers diving and cheating and trying to get people booked etc. Krygios is a long way down my list if you start taking footballers into account.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
He's not even much good, Grand Slam Semi-Finals

Tim Henman - 6

Nick Kyrios - Zero >

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
He's a prick. Could forgive him for it a bit (ala McEnroe) if it wasn't for the following:

- He sometimes endangers the safety of others with his antics
- He sometimes totally disrespects his opponent with his antics
- He's wasting his talent
- Those times when he's clearly only there to collect a pay check and simply doesn't even try

The guy must be a gamblers worst nightmare: when he concentrates for a whole match, he can beat anyone. When he switches off, he can beaten by anyone. And you never know who you're gonna get - switched on, switched off, or somewhere variably in between (sometimes even within a single match).

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Tennis needs more pricks.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Quite like him as well.

Tennis is right up there as a horrible middle class sport played by children of stockbrokers from the Home Counties.

I absolutely hate Wimbledon and anyone who sticks up two fingers at it and all it stands for is fine by me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here