Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Major League Baseball 2022

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I can guarantee no fanbase are as excited about the 22 season as the St Louis Cardinals

Re-signing Albert Pujols was a masterstroke.

Will hit his 700th HR in a Redbird uniform and alongside Adam Wainwright and Yadier Molina, also both playing their last season, the stars have aligned and we'll maybe even relive 2006 or 2011

I am definitely going to have to get over there this summer.

How is your team shaping up for the delayed season starting starting next week?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I believe the Nat'nals are up shite creek without a Strasburg.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I am an Athletics fan. We've cut our staff to be bone, losing Olson and Chapman are two huge body blows and I expect us to lose 100 games this season.

I like the Blue Jays line-up and I'll be looking out for their scores, I could see them going all the way and meeting the Braves or Dodgers in the WS.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I believe the Nat'nals are up shite creek without a Strasburg.

Nice 1-9 record so far in spring training

Going to tear it up …. Or fail miserably and at some point lose the other generational talent they manage to draft.

But hey… 2019 whoop whoop

On the flip side, nice to see Doolittle back… just hope he is the 2019 version and not the 2020 one

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Be interesting to see how the Braves are without Freddie Freeman but they have a good replacement in Olson acquired from the A's plus Acuna due back in May. Looking forward to seeing how the Braves do in defending their crown.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm hoping for a good season from the Blue Jays. A strong finish last year gives me some hope we can push for the playoffs again.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I'm hoping for a good season from the Blue Jays. A strong finish last year gives me some hope we can push for the playoffs again.

I'm hoping to be in Toronto for the Cardinals 2 games on July

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I believe the Nat'nals are up shite creek......

Recommend you don't look at the spring training game tonight.
And if you do, it's only pre season friendlies, and they count for nothing

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I just can't get into baseball, at least not on TV.

Looking to head to Seattle in July to watch the Blue Jays and see if beers in the sun will change my mind. I've heard it's a good away day, lots of people go down from Vancouver for it.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Derek Jeter has stepped down from the Marlins ownership group, leaving the team in no better shape than when he got involved. What was the point? And the killer was learning that he'd thought about bringing back the teal, silver and black colours but decided instead on the present sickly sky blue and pink combination.

At least we've got a half-decent rotation, but every Marlin is always a potential trade candidate. I hope new free agent slugger Jorge Soler is only renting in Miami, because nothing is more certain than that he'll be traded by this season's deadline.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
I have just bought a property in Missouri about 45 minutes from St. Louis, might even catch a few Cardinals games this year.

anygivensunday

Jul 5, 2012
Singapore

Looking to head to Seattle in July to watch the Blue Jays and see if beers in the sun will change my mind. I've heard it's a good away day, lots of people go down from Vancouver for it.

It's funny you say that. There is no other sport where I feel the difference between watching live and on tv is more pronounced.

On TV I find baseball tedious, unwatchable, too long, and mind numbing and just can't stick with a game after about 2 innings.

I've been to about 5 Major league games and a bunch of minor league games in real life and absolutely love them. Possibly my second favourite spectator sport after football to watch live. Going over to Boston in July so will definitely tick Fenway off the list.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I have just bought a property in Missouri about 45 minutes from St. Louis, might even catch a few Cardinals games this year.

You be careful who you give the address to, you might have yourself a visitor :D

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Baseball in Seattle is fantastic.
But I wouldn't go there counting on sitting in the sunshine, not unless you're very lucky.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

There's an easy work around to watching on TV.

DON'T watch any game I'm watching.

I don't usually bother with games on TV but when I do it's guaranteed:-

0-0
bases loaded here at the bottom of the 7th.
Swing and a miss.
That retires the innings.

The key is to judge at which point I say 'f##k this' and go to bed.

Because I assure you if you time it right the above game ends 8-7 and you've had a thrilling 30 minutes of baseball.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

I've been to a Mariners/Blue Jays game and you are correct, a lot Jays fans from Vancouver and Portland go to it. Good atmosphere for that game.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Heading to San Diego and LA in June - & will be at Petco Park on July 4th to watch the Padres.

Independence Day in SoCal & baseball...whats not to love!

I dont follow the game that closely any more tbh, but still enjoy it live if Im over there & can get to a game.

How are the Rockford Peaches doing these days?

a-league-of-their-own.jpg

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here