Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Staines Town F.C.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
So so sad, but somehow not entirely unexpected. Wheatsheaf Park was where l cut my football supporting teeth, as a young boy back in the late 1960's. I lived just around the corner from the ground.

Supporting the Swans through one of the most successful periods in their history, rising almost in successive seasons from the Spartan League, through the Athenian ranks, then into the Isthmian set up. More recently of course they even made it into what is now the National League South for a few years when our very own Craig Maskell was Assistant Manager.

Staines have been pretty much rudderless since long time owner and benefactor Alan Boon passed away several years ago, going through some seriously hard times both on and off the pitch. Quite where they go from here l really don't know.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
So so sad, but somehow not entirely unexpected. Wheatsheaf Park was where l cut my football supporting teeth, as a young boy back in the late 1960's. I lived just around the corner from the ground.

Supporting the Swans through one of the most successful periods in their history, rising almost in successive seasons from the Spartan League, through the Athenian ranks, then into the Isthmian set up. More recently of course they even made it into what is now the National League South for a few years when our very own Craig Maskell was Assistant Manager.

Staines have been pretty much rudderless since long time owner and benefactor Alan Boon passed away several years ago, going through some seriously hard times both on and off the pitch. Quite where they go from here l really don't know.

Might I enquire as how you came to follow the Albion ?
Surely there were Brighter lights to draw your attention

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Went there about 4 years ago to watch Leiston play. Staines who were at the time flying high in Isthmian league must have fancied their chances that afternoon but we walloped them 4-1. Lovely set up and if memory serves me right was the home to Chelsea women. Dropped down the leagues since and now this ,such a shame .

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Now it's been saved from demolition, couldn't they play their home games at the John Nike Leisure Centre?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I read the article and it appears that they are complaining about the "owners" who are an investment company, having portfolio investments in various companies who may or may not have done bad things.

The owners themselves don't seem to have done anything (or have I got that bit wrong).

It all seemed a bit confused, rambling and unfocussed.

Unless the real issue is the land value of the ground, which the owners may or may not want to keep/sell/develop/something else*.

* delete as applicable.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Might I enquire as how you came to follow the Albion ?
Surely there were Brighter lights to draw your attention

Although having lived in Staines since the war years, my father was originally from Fishersgate and a big Albion fan back in the day. Thus when l was deemed old enough to travel down to the Goldstone on my own Staines Town were quickly forgotten about!

Of course all my mates at school were either Chelsea, Arsenal, Manure fans etc. and l was always known as "Albion" rather than my real name. :)

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Although having lived in Staines since the war years, my father was originally from Fishersgate and a big Albion fan back in the day. Thus when l was deemed old enough to travel down to the Goldstone on my own Staines Town were quickly forgotten about!

Of course all my mates at school were either Chelsea, Arsenal, Manure fans etc. and l was always known as "Albion" rather than my real name. :)

Fair play to dad for imbuing you with the Albion bug
When you say war years do you mean Albion's war years Or Uncle Albert's during da war years ? :D

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
We seem to be witnessing a mental breakdown played out in public, which is rather sad.

Not only was his rant sent to Priti Patel and the Secretary-General of the United Nations, it has a very impressive CC list (although the one that has got me interested is Alfred Friday):

Rt. Hon Boris Johnson MP House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA
Rt. Hon Kwasi Kwarteng MP House of Commons London SW1 0AA
Rt Hon Lizz Truss MP House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA
Rt Hon Rishi Sunak MP House of Commons, London SW1 0AA
Rt Hon Sir Keir Starmer MP House of Commons, London SW1 0AA
Rt Hon Chris Bryant MP House of Commons, London SW1 0AA
Rt Hon Suella Braverman QC MP House of Commons, London SW1 0AA
Rt Hon Grant Shapps MP Welwyn Hatfield Conservative Association Maynard House The Common Hatfield AL10
0NF
Office of Financial Sanctions Implementation HM Treasury 1 Horse Guards Road London SW1A 2HQ
Ken McCallum MI5 PO Box 3255 London SW1P 1AE
Richard Moore MI6 85 Albert Embankment, Vauxhall, Lambeth, London, SE1 7TP
Daniel Charles Mouawad Knowle Green;Staines-upon-Thames; TW18 1XB
Victoria Statham Knowle Green;Staines-upon-Thames;; TW18 1XB
Jackie Taylor Knowle Green;Staines-upon-Thames; TW18 1XB
Ms Ursual Von Der Leyen Rue de la Loi 200/Westraat 200 1040 (postal office box 1049) Bruxelles/Brussel Belgium
Anne Laing Valu-Trac Investment Management Limited Orton Moray IV32 7QE
Gerard Ryle Independent Consortium of Investigative Journalists 1800 M Street NW,Front 1 33019 Washingto,D.C
20033 USA
The person of significant control, Acentric 55 Gracechurch Street, London EC3V 0RL
Andy Bell AJ BELL 1st Floor 49 Southwark Bridge Road London SE1 9HH
Lindsey Rix Canada life international Canada Life House Isle of Business Park, Douglas, Isle of Man IM2 2QJ, Isle of
Man
Stephen Lansdowne Hargreaves Lansdowne One College Square South Anchor Road Bristol BS1 5HL
Angus Macdonald Hubwise Waverley Court Wiltell Road Lichfield Staffordshire Ws14 9ET
James Brearley Walpole House, Unit 2, Burton Road, Blackpool, FY4 4NW
Peter Moores Raymond James Investment Services Limited Ropemaker Place, 25 Ropemaker St, London EC2Y 9LY
Jonathan Gunby Transact 29 Clements Ln, London EC4N 7AE
Nikhil Rathi Financial Conduct Authority 12 Endeavour Square London E20 1JN
Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) Department of the Treasury 1500 Pennsylvania Avenue NW Washington,
D.C. 20220

The Security Council United Nations New York, NY 10017 USA
Abhinav Premnath Vadevalor Silverstream House, 45 Fitzroy Street, Fitzrovia, London, W1T 6EB
John Milliken Defaqto Unit 12. Haddenham Business Park Haddenham Buckinghamshire HP17 8LJ
Richard Romer Lee Square mile 20 Old Bailey, London, EC4M 7AN
Embassy of Ukraine 60 Holland Park, London W11 3SJ
Ukrainian institute in London 79 Holland Park, London W11 3SW
SurreyLive Stoke Mill. Woking Road. Guildford. Surrey. GU1 1QA
Roula Khalaf Financial Times Bracken House,1 Friday Street,London, EC4M 9BT
Joanna Killian Surrey County Council 11 Cockshot Hill, Woodhatch, Reigate RH2 8EF
John Westwood Ashford Manor Golf Club Manor House, Fordbridge Road,Ashford,Middlesex,TW15 3RT
Simon Irons Playtime Nursery Wheatsheaf Lane Staines Surrey TW18 2PD
Vipen Khanna Thames Motor Group (Slough) North Farm Industrial Estate,Longfield Road, Tunbridge Wells,Kent
TN2 3EY
Tracey Carter Spelthorne Business Forum,Knowle Green, Staines upon Thames, TW18 1XB
Louise Punter Surrey Chamber of Commerce Unit 14a,Monument Way East,Woking GU21 5LY
Alfred Friday 15 French Street, Sunbury-on-Thames, TW16 5JH
Nick Robinson The Isthmian League
Mark Bullingham The Football Association, Wembley Stadium, Wembley,London, HA9 0WS
Aleksander Ceferin UEFA Route de Genenve 46, CH-1260 Nyon Switzerland
Gianni Infantino FIFA-Strasse 20 PO Box 8044 Zurich Switzerland
newsdesk@fcdo.gov.uk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here