Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] RIAT 2022 - Official Thread

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm sure that, as usual, I won't be the only NSC'er attending this one, especially after the enforced absence of the show in the last couple of years. The themes for this year are the 75th Anniversary of the USAF and "Training The Next Generation Air Force". The lineup is coming together nicely, so far we have:

- Austrian Air Force QRA Role Demo (2x Typhoons, 1x Herc)
- Belgian Air Component F-16 Fighting Falcon Solo Display
- Royal Danish Air Force Baby Blue Display Team (6x SAAB T-17 Supporter)
- Finnish Air Force Hawk Solo Display
- German Army NH90 Helicopter Display
- Slovenian Air Force PC9M Display
- Spanish Air Force FA-18 Super Hornet Solo Display
- Swedish Air Force JAS-39 Gripen Solo Display
- Swedish Air Force SAAB SK.60 Solo Display
- Swiss Air Force FA-18 Super Hornet Solo Display
- Swiss Air Force PC-7 Display Team (9x Pilatus PC-7)

Obviously some of the big hitters are still to come, hoping for a strong USAF presence given the them (circumstances permitting), the optimist in me would love a B-1, B-2 and A-10, but we'll see - sadly it looks like the Thunderbirds are booked up elsewhere that weekend.

The Red Arrows have published their display schedule for the year and they will, of course, be there. I read that the organisers are trying to put together some unique formation stuff like the Reds did with the PdF in 2019, so will be interesting to see what comes of that.

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
You'll have the honour of bumping into a hobbit, if you look for a small mound of earth, you'll find [MENTION=750]swindonseagull[/MENTION] :thumbsup:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I'm sure that, as usual, I won't be the only NSC'er attending this one, especially after the enforced absence of the show in the last couple of years. The themes for this year are the 75th Anniversary of the USAF and "Training The Next Generation Air Force". The lineup is coming together nicely, so far we have:

Obviously some of the big hitters are still to come, hoping for a strong USAF presence given the them (circumstances permitting), the optimist in me would love a B-1, B-2 and A-10, but we'll see - sadly it looks like the Thunderbirds are booked up elsewhere that weekend.

The Red Arrows have published their display schedule for the year and they will, of course, be there. I read that the organisers are trying to put together some unique formation stuff like the Reds did with the PdF in 2019, so will be interesting to see what comes of that.

I will be there camping for the week @ Tottedown.....nipped down on Sunday and had a peep at the 4 B52's that are deployed ATM

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

[tweet]1503383282465087494[/tweet]

Fancy this ???

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Black Eagles seem to be confirmed in the Korean Press

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20220516001900325

Great news
Great news indeed, this quote stands out:

"A joint flight with its British counterpart, the Red Arrows, has also been arranged to highlight the two countries' friendship, the Air Force said."

The Frecce Tricolori and the US A-10 Display Team have also self-confirmed, so it's all shaping up nicely.

Looking forward to the Czech Mi-24 display as well, not seen one of those before.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Great news indeed, this quote stands out:

"A joint flight with its British counterpart, the Red Arrows, has also been arranged to highlight the two countries' friendship, the Air Force said."

The Frecce Tricolori and the US A-10 Display Team have also self-confirmed, so it's all shaping up nicely.

Looking forward to the Czech Mi-24 display as well, not seen one of those before.

The A10 / US Heritage flight has disappeared from the schedule

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Frecce Tricolori, C-27, F-2000 (Typhoon) and T-346 confirmed today, along with info that they are planning to extend the duration of the flying display due to the number of participants.

Hope the Spartan still has the aileron roll in its display - I've only seen it in YT vids but it looks impressive!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here