Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Norwich - Time To Get Our Mojo Back

el punal

With a two week break from League football and a chance to repair broken morale and confidence will the Norwich fixture be the one to get us back on an even keel?

There is no doubt in my mind that this is a pivotal game in our season. Anything less than a positive performance and a win and the demons that have beset us for the last month or so will continue. We have the opportunity to put things right against a side that is arguably the worst in the division. Failure to do so and that would lead me to believe that there is something a lot worse than the loss of form that is afflicting us.

So, half glass full me is looking on the positive side. We haven’t become a bad team overnight, we have some damn good players who have fallen short recently. I reckon Graham Potter will wave his magic wand, use his psychological skills and instil the missing confidence back into the players. You never know, with the required target practice regime on the training pitch and ballet classes, the boys might actually do something special this coming Saturday. Looking forward to it. :drink:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Very important game, a chance to regain some self-confidence. Win it and I could see the season ending on a positive note despite the difficult schedule. Lose it and considering the schdule, there's a fair chance of 10 or more straight losses and it takes no rocket scientist to understand what that means for GP.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
images (3).jpeg

And Pacers it's always time to get Pacers back.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
We need to absolutely batter them again.That'll do the team and the fans a whole load of good and we can play the rest of the season with no pressure and try to enjoy it. Still, I'd take a 1-0

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
First game for 2 years....Hopeful of a win but we are powder puff so expect a draw and wouldn't be surprised if we lost. In other words, god only knows.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Win this one and we are all but safe, lose it and I fear that we will be sucked into the relegation dogfight and struggle to avoid what was unthinkable a month or so ago. With the fixtures we have left, if we can't get points here, where can we get them? Other teams are picking up points atm, so a draw would do little to alleviate my fears.

Feel like a bad fan, but my glass is half empty at the moment - hopefully I will get a refill on Saturday. :albion2:

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I don't quite like the pressure on this, especially if the squad is going to be further weakened by Covid.

That said, if we turn up and play as well as we can then we really should be winning this game.

Hopefully it's similar to the performance of our last home win on Boxing Day

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
We're joint bottom of the PL form table with Norwich although we are just above them on a more favourable negative goal difference. We have both lost the last 6 games. We're crap and they're crap the only real difference being that they've been crap all season and we started well until Saudi FC came calling and Villa tapped up Bissouma. We won't win (see our home record) and they won't win (see their record) so a nerve-bitingly tense, appalling game of football beckons with a 1-1 draw the likely outcome. Or we'll win 6-0.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
In short, it should be. It might not be.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't quite like the pressure on this, especially if the squad is going to be further weakened by Covid.

That said, if we turn up and play as well as we can then we really should be winning this game.

Hopefully it's similar to the performance of our last home win on Boxing Day

There is indeed quite a bit of pressure but this team has always stepped up under those circumstances... the Arsenal game in the lockdown season, the turnaround against Wolves last year, the win against Brentford... each time this Brighton side seems to be one loss away from complete disaster, they step up. Hopefully will be the case again now.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
There is indeed quite a bit of pressure but this team has always stepped up under those circumstances... the Arsenal game in the lockdown season, the turnaround against Wolves last year, the win against Brentford... each time this Brighton side seems to be one loss away from complete disaster, they step up. Hopefully will be the case again now.
Agreed, unfortunately we seem to have quite the knack of a mid season slump, but do tend to turn it around (eventually). Was even the case pre Potter.

Not a good trait to have, but better to have it than to simply see the season fizzle out altogether.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Agreed, unfortunately we seem to have quite the knack of a mid season slump, but do tend to turn it around (eventually). Was even the case pre Potter.

Not a good trait to have, but better to have it than to simply see the season fizzle out altogether.

Given current form and proximity to the end of the season, I would quite like to see the season fizzle out :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here