Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Brighton Marathon - Volunteering Help Please!

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Brighton Marathon is two weeks today on Sunday 10th April, as you all know it's a great day for the city, raises a lot for charities and is recognised as one of the best marathons for support.

For all the obvious reasons, they are desperately short of volunteers to help make the day a success. If you haven't volunteered before, its great fun, very rewarding and you get one of those lovely hoodies!

In particular they are short of people to help on the water stations - which is a great place to be - fun and close to all the action!

I am running water station 3A at Roedean (7.5 miles) and need lots more help!

If you are interested in helping in anyway please sign up here https://groundedevents.rosterfy.com/invite/indivdualvolunteerinvite or at the main Brighton Marathon website https://brightonmarathonweekend.co.uk/volunteer/

Please feel free to PM me if you want to know any more.

Many Thanks

Last edited:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Great to see others on here are involved in this great event.

I’m Zone 1 Leader (around Preston Park and down to Preston Circus) if anyone fancies an earlier finish. We can generally get into town when our shift ends to cheer the masses into the finish.

The hoodies are great!

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
Great to see others on here are involved in this great event.

I’m Zone 1 Leader (around Preston Park and down to Preston Circus) if anyone fancies an earlier finish. We can generally get into town when our shift ends to cheer the masses into the finish.

The hoodies are great!

How would we go about requesting which zone we are assigned to? We have a late afternoon thing so would need to be away a little earlier so this might work for us

SAC

May 21, 2014
Do they still need help measuring the length of the course or are they advertising it as an ultra marathon?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
How would we go about requesting which zone we are assigned to? We have a late afternoon thing so would need to be away a little earlier so this might work for us

I think you do this once you’re registered. Zone 1 shift finishes at midday. The zone selection probably gives the timings, but I can’t see it now I’m registered!

It’s an early start, though……

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove

You should be able to select a 'Shift' once registered. The lower zone numbers will finish earliest. I think there should be a map showing the zones. My water station 3A is at Mile 7.5 (Roedean) so I'm assuming we'll have the vast majority of the runners through by around 1pm - in fact, just checked and the official shift end time is 1pm so hopefully this is the case!

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Brighton Marathon is two weeks today on Sunday 10th April, as you all know it's a great day for the city, raises a lot for charities and is recognised as one of the best marathons for support.

For all the obvious reasons, they are desperately short of volunteers to help make the day a success. If you haven't volunteered before, its great fun, very rewarding and you get one of those lovely hoodies!

In particular they are short of people to help on the water stations - which is a great place to be - fun and close to all the action!

I am running water station 3A at Roedean (7.5 miles) and need lots more help!

If you are interested in helping in anyway please sign up here https://groundedevents.rosterfy.com/invite/indivdualvolunteerinvite or at the main Brighton Marathon website https://brightonmarathonweekend.co.uk/volunteer/

Please feel free to PM me if you want to know any more.

Many Thanks

I'm in, WS 3B at 12.5 miles (ie the other side of the road from you I think :D)

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Another bounce from me, too.

I have just had a meeting this morning.

We need 30 volunteers in Zone 1 alone. Last year we managed with 17, but it was tough. We currently have FOUR for this year!

This is therefore a big plea to anyone who has been thinking about it. Please sign up now and be part of this great event.

:flameboun:bounce::flameboun:bounce:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here