Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Away ticket sales

Vaughan Storm

May 21, 2020
Worthing
I noticed that our away ticket sales have reduced quite a lot for the next few games with nearly 1k tickets left at spurs and barely any going for city and I was wondering why?

Is it down to the increase in the cost of living or down to our form? I'm sure there are many people here that haven't bought tickets so I'd like to hear why you've gave these games a miss.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Form, cost, Premier League novelty wearing off, played Spurs recently, and the chances of a Brighton team actually entertaining or scoring a goal these days is very slim. We've been good to watch in about 5 games all season, apart from that, dull dull dull

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
The football right now is ruining a good day out.

Hardly surprising fans are deciding to spend their money in other ways.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
People are spending their money on more important things. Throw in kick off times and that a lot of people have now ticked off the grounds

el punal

Form, cost, Premier League novelty wearing off, played Spurs recently, and the chances of a Brighton team actually entertaining or scoring a goal these days is very slim. We've been good to watch in about 5 games all season, apart from that, dull dull dull

Go on then - which ones?

el punal

Chelsea home and away. Arsenal home. Half a game at Leicester, Man U, Liverpool and Palace?

Something like that anyway.

Okay, I’ll go with those. Definitely both Chelsea games, Liverpool (away) were wonderful. I won’t say, until recently, that we’ve been dull, just frustrating with the number of games we drew and should have won Norwich, Newcastle and Leeds as examples. From the Burnley game until now we’ve been woeful, and yes, dull with no spark and lacking the quick passing and movement from earlier matches.

The upcoming Norwich game will be pivotal in how our season will end. A convincing win and I reckon we’ll be back on track, a poor performance with a draw or a defeat and the future will look very gloomy.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Surprising about the lack of sales as there must be quite a few that have never been to the New White Hart lane! As for City, it's a midweek fixture which either means a long drive or an overnight stay.

Vaughan Storm

May 21, 2020
Worthing
Surprising about the lack of sales as there must be quite a few that have never been to the New White Hart lane! As for City, it's a midweek fixture which either means a long drive or an overnight stay.

This is correct in that city is midweek but correct me if I'm wrong but I think only around 400 tickets have sold for that game which considering we took 1.5k to Newcastle and about that to United midweek that is what surprises me. I'm not going to City for the reasons you've said but Spurs, Arsenal and Wolves I don't think there are many issues.

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
Got arsenal and wolves, couldn’t sadly afford to do spurs week after arsenal so gave my son choice of which one he wanted and he said already done spurs this season so let’s do arsenal, would have done city if wasn’t midweek but sadly it’s cost of living that’s making us choose more carefully which ones we do now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Probably many factors, and vary from case to case but the bottom line is the fun/entertainment/excitement needs a little nudge forwards.

Very much this for me and my group. With Arsenal the week before, the cost mounts up a bit, but the season is petering out disappointingly and the football’s gone a bit shit. The enthusiasm wanes s bit with all the other crap we’re living through too.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We are boring beyond belief. Even worse, we are predictably boring. Not since Gillingham days when I had a ST for two loooong seasons has it felt more tiresome going to watch the Albion. But even then there was at least a sense of solidarity, a cause, a connection. Now we’ve got way overly paid ‘professionals’ who also can’t find the net. And yet it costs an ASTONISHING amount of money and at times, more effort to watch these losers. When you add up all the extras a day out at the football costs, and the sum total as a percentage of salary starts to become noticeable for many then it’s really not that hard to understand why thousands are leaving football to disappear up its own a rsehole. Besides, aren’t we supposed to just watch on TV now? That’s what the PL and club want us to do? It’s not just the Albion though, I’ve 2 other ‘legacy fan’ friends who STH for decades at their respective PL clubs who’ve jacked it in as well as other Albion friends. I guess with age, you see what’s important more clearly and with all the other mounting costs hitting everyone hard, PL football finds its self in a largely self imposed relegation spot because of pure greed. Many many fans will be priced out. Especially away games, where transport food and accommodation are other costs now starting to really bite.

Perhaps players and greedy agents will take a pay cut?
:stupid:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A lot of people probably chose Spurs for the fa cup game instead of the league game. Arsenal has sold out. Man City midweek is tricky.

This, about as expected I reckon. Nothing to see here :shrug: Spurs is a right ballache travel-wise and Man City midweek is pretty much undoable for anyone working the next day.

Aren’t the home games punishment enough at the moment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here