Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jamaica Invitational XI v The Royals

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Surprised there is no thread for the big game that took place yesterday when the touring Royals featuring our very own Prince WIlliam and Raheem Sterling took on a Jamaica Invitational XI captained by Aston Villa star Leon Bailey.

The game, played under Duchess of Queensbury rules, was played in a bearpit atmosphere in front of a full house of screaming and adoring fans willing the home side to victory. The final result was a hard fought 1-0 victory for the travelling Royals, the Prince setting up Sterling for the winner with a beautiful slide rule pass to beat the Jamaican offside trap and also fizzing a shot narrowly wide resulting in him being named Man of the Match.

WIlliam sets up winner in narrow Royals victory

55678231-10641701-image-a-62_1647992294132.jpg

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Nice football kit!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Surprised there is no thread for the big game that took place yesterday when the touring Royals featuring our very own Prince WIlliam and Raheem Sterling took on a Jamaica Invitational XI captained by Aston Villa star Leon Bailey.

The game, played under Duchess of Queensbury rules, was played in a bearpit atmosphere in front of a full house of screaming and adoring fans willing the home side to victory. The final result was a hard fought 1-0 victory for the travelling Royals, the Prince setting up Sterling for the winner with a beautiful slide rule pass to beat the Jamaican offside trap and also fizzing a shot narrowly wide resulting in him being named Man of the Match.

WIlliam sets up winner in narrow Royals victory

55678231-10641701-image-a-62_1647992294132.jpg

It's not an international royal event without a man in a bush.

Oh and one holding a tree up !

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

I do love this action shot from the game in his MOTM performance. I know in his younger days he was a dynamic midfielder of some repute and it's good to see he hasn't lost it in the autumn of his football career. The joy in his face as he leaves the two Jamaican midfielders for dead with one of his trademark charges towards goal.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I do love this action shot from the game in his MOTM performance. I know in his younger days he was a dynamic midfielder of some repute and it's good to see he hasn't lost it in the autumn of his football career. The joy in his face as he leaves the two Jamaican midfielders for dead with one of his trademark charges towards goal.

He looks like some character from Arrested Development. Also white pants is naff.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
He looks like some character from Arrested Development. Also white pants is naff.

55680293-10641527-The_Duke_of_Cambridge_is_pictured_playing_football_with_young_fo-a-73_1648022515446.jpg

The inspirational half time team talk that inspired the Royal travelling party to their hard fought 1-0 win.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Looks more like a scene from "Kes" if you ask me!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here