Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup 2022 playoff

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Starting today...

Wales vs Austria, Sweden vs Czech Republic, Italy vs Macedonia, Portugal vs Turkey

Pretty excited but not overly confident. Isak not in his best form and Zlatan suspended for the first game.

Wales vs Austria is going to be tight while I expect Portugal and Italy to win.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Starting today...

Wales vs Austria, Sweden vs Czech Republic, Italy vs Macedonia, Portugal vs Turkey

Pretty excited but not overly confident. Isak not in his best form and Zlatan suspended for the first game.

Wales vs Austria is going to be tight while I expect Portugal and Italy to win.

World cup play offs are generally thrilling fixtures. Two places between those 8 in brutal. Exactly how qualifying should be.

The Italy Portugal play off (which is blatantly going to happen) is essential viewing.

I'm picking Czech and Austria to fight it out in the other final, but those 4 are all closely matched.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Currently watching Australia v Japan in a massively important game. Aus need to win their last two to qualify automatically, otherwise it's the playoffs for them. Half time and 0-0. Japan look FAR classier and have hit the bar twice and missed another presentable chance. Australia have had a couple of good chances and a goal ruled out dubiously for a foul on the keeper. Good game.

Japan might be worth an each way punt at 400/1 on winning the WC if you can get those odds.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Currently watching Australia v Japan in a massively important game. Aus need to win their last two to qualify automatically, otherwise it's the playoffs for them. Half time and 0-0. Japan look FAR classier and have hit the bar twice and missed another presentable chance. Australia have had a couple of good chances and a goal ruled out dubiously for a foul on the keeper. Good game.

Japan might be worth an each way punt at 400/1 on winning the WC if you can get those odds.

Hopefully Mitoma will come on and acore the winner past Ryan.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Portugal down to the bare bones which will make that game considerably closer.

Meh... FIFA are going to send Cristiano Ronaldo to Qatar through whoever they appointed as ref. I've seen Portugal in playoff games before... I rarely moan about refs but in those games they might as well appoint Ronaldo as the ref and it would look less silly than it has.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Are Poland awarded a win against Russia

I believe so, as Poland are already listed on the Sky Sports app as playing in their qualifying final on Tuesday, I think it is.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Portugal down to the bare bones which will make that game considerably closer.

Turkey have had some decent results over the last few years. I certainly won't be putting Portugal to win in any bets as a 'banker'.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
:lolol::lolol::lolol:
Maty Ryan presumably looking forward to acquainting himself with the "stepping stone" that is likely failure to qualify for the World Cup for the first time in 20 years

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
USG are not going to thank us for taking him and Undav off their hands next season.

Meh, as they said on the USG forum when the Undav transfer happened... they have Tony Bloom to thank for everything.

Besides I'm sure Brighton will send them one or two players next season as well. Kozlowski (again) and Zeqiri maybe.

I do think Mitoma has a real chance of playing for Brighton next season despite not being a 100% starter for USG.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
USG are not going to thank us for taking him and Undav off their hands next season.

So USG have been playing Mitoma wide left and Undav left striker in a pair with Vanzeir. It will be interesting to see how Potter uses these players with Trossard and Maupay.

Mitoma will be the toast of Tokyo tonight. His stock has just risen, while the Albion are struggling to create and score. This USG pair can't arrive soon enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here