Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Spurs Away

at15155

Jan 5, 2017
Anyone know what the remaining ticket situation is like for the trip to Spurs? Believe it’s on sale to ST holders this morning.

Apologies if this already exists, can’t find it anywhere. TIA.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Which are the best blocks? Struggling to find information on it

114 is further round, behind the goal. Next to the home mob. Depends what you like.

114 and 117 respectively.

114.jpg 117.jpg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Indeed they are, not sure if 114 has always been available for purchase.

No. No it hasn't. :rant:

Logged on first thing on Monday which is when my son's "band" went on sale (I'm second tier). There were ten or so in 115 and 116 but over 100 left in 117 which is what I got. 114 was blocked out.

So, yeah, thanks everyone for rewarding my loyalty to a shockingly poor side with a worse view than those with less points.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Logged on first thing on Monday which is when my son's "band" went on sale (I'm second tier). There were ten or so in 115 and 116 but over 100 left in 117 which is what I got. 114 was blocked out.

So, yeah, thanks everyone for rewarding my loyalty to a shockingly poor side with a worse view than those with less points.

I have given up moaning about this, it's a likely that loyal fans get the best tickets as Southern Rail providing an adequate pre and post match service.

I do look back and remember how nice it was to walk into the ground at places like Barnsley and the steward saying "sit where you like"

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

We were in 117 on our last visit. I thought it was a great view.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Presumably done to stop Spurs fans from buying tickets as their end is probably sold out.

They can cause just as much agg by getting tickets in the middle tier hospitality and abusing the away fans over the teeny, tiny "fence".

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I have given up moaning about this, it's a likely that loyal fans get the best tickets as Southern Rail providing an adequate pre and post match service.

I do look back and remember how nice it was to walk into the ground at places like Barnsley and the steward saying "sit where you like"

As i have stated before i do think that sometimes the way the seat blocks are released is more down to the fact that the ones we are able to return if unsold are inevitably the ones closest to the home fans and therefore likely to have the best view ( i.e. furthest from corner flag )
That being said i also sometimes suspect there may be an element of not wanting to have our most vocal and , shall we say , boisterous fans in those seats . Given the current situation though with away sales declining dramatically ( a situation not just affecting our club it would appear looking at the Norwich ticket thread ) at least we are unlikely to have people moaning about away games being a "closed shop" for a while .
The "sit where you like" thing was i agree a better scenario but unlikely to occur again unless we return to the situation of playing in grounds with a much larger capacity than demand .

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
As i have stated before i do think that sometimes the way the seat blocks are released is more down to the fact that the ones we are able to return if unsold are inevitably the ones closest to the home fans and therefore likely to have the best view ( i.e. furthest from corner flag )
That being said i also sometimes suspect there may be an element of not wanting to have our most vocal and , shall we say , boisterous fans in those seats . Given the current situation though with away sales declining dramatically ( a situation not just affecting our club it would appear looking at the Norwich ticket thread ) at least we are unlikely to have people moaning about away games being a "closed shop" for a while .
The "sit where you like" thing was i agree a better scenario but unlikely to occur again unless we return to the situation of playing in grounds with a much larger capacity than demand .

I realise sit where you like will never happen in the PL. Not sure the worry about standing next to home fans is the issue as many grounds have home fans either side but it goes back to the days in the championship when, before you could choose your seat the fans who bought early were always allocated the worst seats

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

It's entirely down to the way the home team release blocks I reckon - the 'better' blocks will almost always be adjacent to the home seats so they can more easily segregate. The 'boisterous' lot tend to buy early, and stand where they want anyway - don't think the club deploy any tactics to keep them further from the home fans, this is purely a financial play.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
. Given the current situation though with away sales declining dramatically ( a situation not just affecting our club it would appear looking at the Norwich ticket thread ) at least we are unlikely to have people moaning about away games being a "closed shop" for a while ..

Away sales are pretty much in line with the last pre Covid season - not really “declining dramatically” .. Certain away games have always gone to general sale, we don’t always take up full allocation and attendance often impacted if evening KO or if all scheduled within a couple of days. And some games sell out - including our next away game at Arsenal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here