Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] There will be an independent regulator for football

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As declared by Prime Minsister Johnson, 12.25 pm, March 23, 2022, during PMQT.

Please feel free to bounce this thread when the appointment is made.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
we have a regulator for football, the FA, independent of the professional leagues at least. anything additional would be in constant conflict and serve little purpose other than political interference.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
we have a regulator for football, the FA, independent of the professional leagues at least. anything additional would be in constant conflict and serve little purpose other than political interference.

Another job for the boys (or girls) It will be one of Johnson's mates.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Another job for the boys (or girls) It will be one of Johnson's mates.

Chris Grayling is an early contender for the role according to political journalists on twitter.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Unsurprisingly, the PL spoke out against it last December.

[tweet]1466879164645089288[/tweet]

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
I don't have any major problem with the 'regulator' part - although that will be very much defined by the govt, so the appointee may have more or (more likely) less power than they would want to make changes / keep people on the straight and narrow.

However, I generally have a huge problem with the 'independent' part, especially if appointed by this particular government and this particular PM.

I would far rather this did not end up in the Bear Pit, and apologies in advance if I end up any having part in this thread ending up there - but I will wait and see who actually gets the job and what their background / experience is first.

Apologies if I am being over-cynical here.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We need someone with a handle on mainstream sport.

I suggest someone who was an Oxbridge rowing blue, perhaps a boxing blue too.

A 2022 Colin Moynihan.

Just the low calibre yes-man required for the job, a three day week no doubt and £100,000 a year ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just the low calibre yes-man required for the job, a three day week no doubt and £100,000 a year ?

The assumption being that a spoilt posh boy got into Oxbridge, so he must have a great intellect :lolol:

Genuinely, it’ll be three days a month, on a 6 figure salary.

I hope it isn’t yet another tw@t who’s only knowledge of the game is that as an adult they got into Chelsea or Arsenal making them ‘one of the lads’.

Needs to be a lifelong fan, I’d suggest not a fan of the top 6 due to their power and an unconscious bias.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here