Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Soccer Aid 2022

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Always one of the great sporting and cultural events of the year, as well as raising a huge amount of money for charity. Soccer Aid is back for 2022 bigger than ever, lets hope England can end 3 years of hurt to the RoW lineup and bring home glory again.

This year the game is at the iconic London Stadium where the atmosphere us sure to be absolutely electric, and England have already announced an exceptionally strong squad featuring the likes of Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher, Joe Cole, Chunkz, Olly Murs, Ben Shepherd, Tom Grennan, all time top goalscorer Jonathan Wilkes, Captain Fantastic Liam Payne and Michael McIntyre.

Rest of the World look formidable as ever, drawing from the likes of Usain Bolt, Martin Compston, Lee Mack, Robbie Keane, Patrice Evra, Mo Gilligan, Brian Roy, Missy Elliot and Marc Hottiger.

Tickets are selling like hot cakes but for those of us who will not be able to get tickets the game as ever will be live on primetime ITV hosted by Alec Scott, Dermot O'Leary and Maya Jama.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Top fishing Crodo, great that it raises money but I take the Roy Keane view on this.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I don't know why and it is a shame, but I find this whole event deeply depressing and boring in equal measure.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I am delighted that this festival of football is returning to the sacred ITV primetime slot. Thanks Crodo!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Rumour is Wet Wet Wet are providing half time entertainment with Marty unleashing his classic brand of rock onto the excited audience.

I'm excited to see if Wilkes can add to his tally. The whole stadium will be urging him on as the number 1 fans favourite.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I can't wait to see all the smiling faces in the packed London Stadium roaring on their respective teams. It really is wonderful occasions like this which make me grateful for living in these blessed times.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I just hope they do the hugely successful 'Masked Winger' again where an unknown celebrity/footballer turns up in a costume before being dramatically unmasked during the game. Last year there were rumours of Ronaldo, Beckham or Pele.........and then the crowd cheered for joy as none other than top presenting talent Stephen Mulhern was unveiled.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I just hope they do the hugely successful 'Masked Winger' again where an unknown celebrity/footballer turns up in a costume before being dramatically unmasked during the game. Last year there were rumours of Ronaldo, Beckham or Pele.........and then the crowd cheered for joy as none other than top presenting talent Stephen Mulhern was unveiled.

The term "once in a generation" is overused. But Mr. Mulhern is such a talent. Astonishingly, before he hit superstardom in "Catchphrase", he was a redcoat magician at the popular holiday destination Butlins, where he dazzled audiences nightly with a plethora of mind-blowing illusions.

I distinctly remember the moment when he was revealed, my entire family (we always share this celebration of the sport together) leapt out of our seats. It was a carnival atmosphere in the household.

I can't even imagine the scenes if he were to return, perhaps with some more "magic" on the wing!

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
Shocking ticket prices, £40 for the gods with no oap discounts .Prices same as wet span at home to Burnley or Everton. Kids prices actually dearer than a spam home game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here