Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bennetts Field

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
As a local to the Stadium have recieved in post today notification of application to build two six storey wings and central two storey link to comprise five hundred and fifty five (555) bedrooms on Bennetts field car park. For those wishing to look it up reference no LW/22/0175.
What do you think. Seems OTT to me !!!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I wonder if the appn will take as long to go through as the stadium!!!

555 seems a hell of a lot but I guess they’ll settle for less. Does it mention vehicle access and parking?

….and there were those who said we should have bought the land for parking!!

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I thought we couldn't get our hotel as it would block the view of the lovely Amex??

555 flats would be a little on the bulky side Shirley?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I wonder if the appn will take as long to go through as the stadium!!!

555 seems a hell of a lot but I guess they’ll settle for less. Does it mention vehicle access and parking?

….and there were those who said we should have bought the land for parking!!

only ancillary amenity spaces,cycle parking , landscaping and construction of a new pedestrian and vehicular access from the drove.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
These halls are not needed. Both Universities can house 1st years and most international students with their own halls. Private halls are opening everywhere in Brighton but students (2nd, 3rd & 4th years) will want to be closer to the city centre.

This will be thrown out by Lewes/EB CC. Especially as Brighton & Hove CC will be approving a fair few more developments (I believe) in the city over the next few years.

Mr Bennett’s Field will soon be coming back to the club with his tail between his legs offering parking. They’ll decline of course, the only offer he’ll have will be to purchase his field outright.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought we couldn't get our hotel as it would block the view of the lovely Amex??

555 flats would be a little on the bulky side Shirley?

I thought we couldn't get our hotel because it looked really, really shite.

And they weren't wrong.

As told on Roar.
Mr Perry said out of courtesy to the residents, he paid Falmer Parish Council a visit regarding the hotel plans.
He was told there wouldn't be any objection but they hoped it wouldn't block their view of the stadium because they really rather like it.

Quite how Martin isn't currently doing 25 years to life, I'll never know.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 13.10.36.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-21 at 13.09.43.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-21 at 13.11.03.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-21 at 13.10.08.png

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Interesting that they don’t expect students to have cars so parking will not be an issue. Wonder what the clubs stance will be on the project

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
My initial reaction on viewing this is. Not a hope. Cant see any approval given for anything even minor that needs access from mini roundabout.
Once planning is or isnt given for anything it will set a valuation for the site and am sure Bloom will then step in.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is it actually for student accomodation? Any time I'm in the Lewes Road / London Road areas, I always think how much jerry-built student accomodation does one town NEED?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
These halls are not needed. Both Universities can house 1st years and most international students with their own halls. Private halls are opening everywhere in Brighton but students (2nd, 3rd & 4th years) will want to be closer to the city centre.

This will be thrown out by Lewes/EB CC. Especially as Brighton & Hove CC will be approving a fair few more developments (I believe) in the city over the next few years.

Mr Bennett’s Field will soon be coming back to the club with his tail between his legs offering parking. They’ll decline of course, the only offer he’ll have will be to purchase his field outright.

Are you sure?

LDC have housing numbers to meet - this would help them meet their targets without any impact on Lewes itself.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Are you sure?

LDC have housing numbers to meet - this would help them meet their targets without any impact on Lewes itself.

Student housing on this site wouldn’t contribute towards LDC’s 5-year housing land supply, unless there’s evidence to demonstrate that it would release housing to the general market in Lewes district.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here