Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The remarkable similarities between voting for Brexit and being invaded by Russia.

Flex Your Head

And so yes, to the little child cowering and shivering, trapped in the rubble of Mariupol, I would say this. Take heart. For your struggle is equivalent to that waged by the likes of Nigel Farage, Julia Hartley-Brewer, Jacob Rees-Mogg and myself. You are faced with the relentless bombardment of a vastly superior army from a country led by a vicious and desperate tyrant. We, similarly, faced the relentlessness of red tape from Brussels, who presumed to dictate to us what shape our bananas should be.

We fought, however, and we won. And, if you show the courage we did to fight for your freedoms the way we fought so valiantly for ours, you may win too.

(David Stubbs)

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...riticised-as-crass?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Johnson, you are beneath contempt you piece of shit.

Last edited:

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Save your contempt for the person who wrote that rubbish. Possibly yourself, based on an internet search. There is no political argument to be had in inventing a totally fictional speech, pretending it was real, and castigating the person you pretend might have said it.

Flex Your Head

Save your contempt for the person who wrote that rubbish. Possibly yourself, based on an internet search. There is no political argument to be had in inventing a totally fictional speech, pretending it was real, and castigating the person you pretend might have said it.

It was a piece of satire written by David Stubbs.

Sigh.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And so yes, to the little child cowering and shivering, trapped in the rubble of Mariupol, I would say this. Take heart. For your struggle is equivalent to that waged by the likes of Nigel Farage, Julia Hartley-Brewer, Jacob Rees-Mogg and myself. You are faced with the relentless bombardment of a vastly superior army from a country led by a vicious and desperate tyrant. We, similarly, faced the relentlessness of red tape from Brussels, who presumed to dictate to us what shape our bananas should be.

We fought, however, and we won. And, if you show the courage we did to fight for your freedoms the way we fought so valiantly for ours, you may win too.

(David Stubbs)

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...riticised-as-crass?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Johnson, you are beneath contempt you piece of shit.

Edit: I think I've been had. Without the original surce it will be defended as an outrageous slur. Here is the source:

"Boris Johnson has been criticised for comparing the struggle of Ukrainians fighting Russia's invasion to people in Britain voting for Brexit.

In a speech he said Britons, like Ukrainians, had the instinct "to choose freedom" and cited the 2016 vote to leave the EU as a "recent example".

Conservative peer Lord Barwell said the referendum wasn't "comparable with risking your life" in a war."

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think there is no similarity at all between the two.

Apparently Johnson reckons there is. I think he is a fool for thinking there is :shrug:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Guy needs to watch his mouth, he is under police caution...

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Edit: I think I've been had. Without the original surce it will be defended as an outrageous slur. Here is the source:

"Boris Johnson has been criticised for comparing the struggle of Ukrainians fighting Russia's invasion to people in Britain voting for Brexit.

In a speech he said Britons, like Ukrainians, had the instinct "to choose freedom" and cited the 2016 vote to leave the EU as a "recent example".

Conservative peer Lord Barwell said the referendum wasn't "comparable with risking your life" in a war."

Apart from his sickening comparison with the Ukraine fight against tyranny, by default he is suggesting that 47% of the Referendum Voters do not have an instinct 'to choose freedom'. In so doing, he is alienating a lot of people (Remain and Leave voters) - and in purely domestic political terms that must be good thing; he will surely lose more support.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Important to remember Brexit was about undoing freedoms and leaving the EU

Ukrainians want more freedom and to join the EU

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Apart from his sickening comparison with the Ukraine fight against tyranny, by default he is suggesting that 47% of the Referendum Voters do not have an instinct 'to choose freedom'. In so doing, he is alienating a lot of people (Remain and Leave voters) - and in purely domestic political terms that must be good thing; he will surely lose more support.

I hope so. However there is still a 'foresquare behind Boris' contingent, 'betrayed' by Blair, who remain content.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Remainiac conspiracy theories again PMSL, it's all about Sovereignty

������������

Regards
DF

As has been pointed out by others Russia invaded Ukrain in part because Ukrian wants to join the EU. Johnson equates that with the UK leaving the UK.

You can't have it both ways and claim that Ukrian wants to join the EU in pursuit of soveignty when you have been so noisy about the UK leaving the UK in pursuit of the same thing.

Which, oh ye of tiny brain, represents the pursuit of sovereignty?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
The real connection is the Tories are funded by the Russians to help create division in the west

Boris is Putin's poodle

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As has been pointed out by others Russia invaded Ukrain in part because Ukrian wants to join the EU. Johnson equates that with the UK leaving the UK.

You can't have it both ways and claim that Ukrian wants to join the EU in pursuit of soveignty when you have been so noisy about the UK leaving the UK in pursuit of the same thing.

You've quoted the fairy, now Tapatalk shows the post and I read the drivel :nono:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You've quoted the fairy, now Tapatalk shows the post and I read the drivel :nono:

Apologies. I really don't know why I bother. I guess that when a fly buzzes incessantly.....

Jan 30, 2008

Well its quite obvious the reasons why they're fighting the Russians and why we left the EU ,only a Remainiac would spin it another way

Regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here