Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
.. Screenshot_20220319-085305_Google.jpgScreenshot_20220319-085250_Google.jpg

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Years ago I asked the same thing on here, was convinced to but an aeropress, it won’t impress your friends as a kitchen centrepiece but it makes as good a cup of coffee as any machine.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
I have a Nespresso Latissima (pods) which is decent enough, but I do love my Aeropress. Best 30 quid spend ever. Been tempted by many expensive looking bean to cup kitchen centre pieces, but can't justify it given the 2 options I have.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Got this in Jan 21 for £250 from amazon
View attachment 146176

I got the same model at the same price from Amazon, it's brilliant. Had some issues with the first one they sent us (just didn't work for whatever reason) but sent out a new one and it's been flawless since. Used to be a Nespresso user but wouldn't go back.

Obviously different people are going to like different beans but we've tried loads and the Kimbo Extra Cream ones you can get from Amazon have been the best we've tried so far. Costco do some decent ones as well, their Tanzanian Kirkland brand ones are good.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Make it KSV, for your coffee and tea. Your local vending experts.

Disclaimer - this is stuck in my head from 30 years ago and may not be a guarantee of good coffee.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Morning. I'm in the market for a new bean to cup coffee machine. Any recommendations? Budget is c£500. Thanks.

Have had a delonghi autentica cappuccino for a little over a year now. Bean to cup with integrated milk frother.

Excellent machine, easy to use and as we both work from home now, just about paid for itself over going to get a Costa Express from the co-op umpteen times a day

Heartily recommend for both ease and value for money (once it reaches 18m old by my calcs).

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Are any really like a Costa or are they just better than what you had?

Consistently better than Costa if you use quality beans. Bean-to-cup machines are infinitely better than any capsule machine.

I like a smooth coffee (she prefers something bitter) but both like Costa & Starbucks blends as being reasonably in the middle so it's not that I don't like shop bought, but selecting your own beans and having a fantastic fresh hot coffee whenever you want makes a decent (£500) machine worth it.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
£500 for a coffee machine.

The OP is bringing his user name into disrepute.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I moved from Nespresso Vertuo to Sage Barista Express and have never looked back. I bought refurbished from an authorised Sage reseller on eBay for £320~. I use Union Daily Roast beans and have never been happier with my morning cup of coffee. I got a good deal refurbished but if it broke tomorrow I’d happily spend £500 on a new one. Deals are usually posted on a site called Hotukdeals so might be worth keeping an eye on that.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Consistently better than Costa if you use quality beans. Bean-to-cup machines are infinitely better than any capsule machine.

I like a smooth coffee (she prefers something bitter) but both like Costa & Starbucks blends as being reasonably in the middle so it's don't I don't like shop bought, but selecting your own beans and having a fantastic fresh hot coffee whenever you want makes a decent (£500) machine worth it.

Thanks I was thinking of all those pub / hotel machines that produce stuff they call Cappuccino but are awful. So if this really compares with a Costa outlet coffee I would purchase one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here