Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will the two week break be good for the Albion?

Will the two week break be good for the club?

• Yes

Votes: 70 88.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well?

We've got two weeks off now.

Chance to reset, get players fit and work on tactics?

Or will a malaise set in and even more players get injured on international duty?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can’t call it. We look totally devoid of confidence. I think it is going to need us to take the lead in a game to begin the recovery. Then again we may shit ourselves and give up the lead in double quick time

In short I haven’t got a clue but my confidence in the squad and GP is at an all time low.

Interesting and depressing times :smile:

Limp to the end of the season and give the squad a good shake up in the summer is probably what will happen

2021/22 - 7 wins. 9 games left
2020/21 - 9 wins
2019/20 - 9 wins
2018/19 - 9 wins
2017/18 - 9 wins

All about results. Will we get 2 more wins this campaign to show to the fans that there has been no improvement in 5 years?
Could we get 3 more wins to have that tick in the box to show that we are improving?

Whatever happens from here - the end stats are not going to be dissimilar from the last few campaigns.

Is it no wonder that there are swathes of no shows at The Amex this season?
It’s easy to pick up a ticket for a match.
Fans want to be entertained & see goals scored by the home side.
3 wins, 0 in 2022 & 10 goals scored all campaign is unacceptable.
Do I want the manager sacked? Of course not
But - boy give us something to cheer about.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
After losing 6 in a row I think a 2 week break can only be a good thing.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Has to be.

Regardless of GPs rhetoric of “we’re not playing badly”, actually we really aren’t very good. Several players are off form, GP isn’t making great selections or changes, and we literally have no idea in the last third.

The only two players who IMO are playing close to their level are Maupay and MacAllister.

A break will be good for everyone and with Webster returning, defensively we should look better.

papachris

I voted yes because we just 'have' to. As has been mentioned previously I think Webster has been a massive loss to us. It seems that it in this bad run the main thing that we were doing successfully with Marc and Tariq getting forward and creating chances has been thwarted because they are having to help out so much in the defence. Webster is always a threat at set pieces. I am the eternal optimist that we can put it right. Plus, since moving abroad a year ago I had to give up my season ticket but will be at the AMEX fir the Norwich game :)

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
The first lockdown saved us and Potter when we were in a death spiral. It looks very much like we’re in another one now.

I fear two weeks will not be enough as we are physically, mentally and tactically weak. It’s all about how few points Watford, Norwich and Burnley pick up now.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I certainly hope so ! ......coaching staff have to use this time to get back to basics and get to the root of what has gone wrong. Good Players don’t become bad players overnight. It is either attitude, confidence fitness, or something.. let’s hope they get it sorted and come out like lions against Norwich..
NB given our recent form it’s a good job we are not facing Man City today .......:dunky:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
There is not a lot of room to get worse, 1 goal in the last 6 games. 5 shots on target in the last 4 home games. These would be disappointing stats for Neal Maupay, but it's for the whole team.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yes we seem to do well after a break when Potter has more time to work with the players. We’ve also looked mentally fatigued recently so I think this break will do them all a lot of good to not have to worry about a match for a while.

Plus if it means Webster’s ready for our next match, that is a massive plus.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
You’d like to think so.

But we all know that we’ll come back slower, ponderous and even more exasperatingly pedestrian than we were before the break. We’ll have 80% possession or the first 20 minutes then get undone by a lightening quick break and find ourselves 0-1 down before Sanchez has even touched the ball.

Ruthless we ain’t.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Put it this way, if we lose to Narwich, we're doomed.
Anyway I haven't enough fingers to count the losses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here