Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] P and O

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Either - some ties back to Russia from past investments

OR

Re-registering all their vessels to outside of the UK due to Brexit or something I reckon

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

OR

Re-registering all their vessels to outside of the UK due to Brexit or something I reckon

Union are saying they're going to sack all their staff and replace them with cheaper labour

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

OR

Plenty of British merchant ships are registered overseas now as a matter of course anyway, it's a far cheaper option. That's nothing unusual nowadays at all.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Union are saying they're going to sack all their staff and replace them with cheaper labour

According to the Times you could be right !

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

OR

I'd say "current" instead of "past"

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
That's what I thought when I read it. Not sure how they can get away with it

usually by changing responsibilities, change the role.

the cost of redundancy and hassle of re-recruitment (even same people), impact to service (untrained replacements) usually steers business away from this. if P&O is going down this route suggests they have serious cost base problems and the alternative is cutting service or admin.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
usually by changing responsibilities, change the role.

the cost of redundancy and hassle of re-recruitment (even same people), impact to service (untrained replacements) usually steers business away from this. if P&O is going down this route suggests they have serious cost base problems and the alternative is cutting service or admin.

Seafarers still have to have maritime qualifications.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here